Next Revision Unit Web Sites Wish List

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rsamis-p40

Email sending feature

Post by rsamis-p40 »

I'd like to see a way to select whom you send an email to. Right now you can send to an individual or a leadership group. An admin can send broadcasts to auxiliaries, leadership groups, or everyone. I'd like to be able to send a message to multiple individuals of my own choosing. For example, you're captain of the BBall team, and you want to send an email to team members with a new game time. Right now there isn't a way in LUWS to send an email to that group except by a separate mail to each person.

"Send to all" functionality is not a good idea for obvious reasons, but to be able to add recipients one at a time, and even better, save that mailing list in my login profile, would be great.
gamoody

Calendar Upload

Post by gamoody »

Just as it is possible to download calendar info. It would be very nice for the calendar and resource administrators to be able to upload calendar entries. The admin could work offline and then upload a whole month at a time or more.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gamoody wrote:Just as it is possible to download calendar info. It would be very nice for the calendar and resource administrators to be able to upload calendar entries. The admin could work offline and then upload a whole month at a time or more.
That would be good for uploading a new year, but unless there is a way to insure syncing changes, deletions and especially duplicates; that could get you in trouble as fast as ....... well, real fast!!
gamoody

Post by gamoody »

That danger is why I was thinking of only allowing the admin associated to the resource or calendar to do it. It's not a feature to be used lightly or by anyone but does save some time and aggrevation for the initial conversion to using the website or transfer of duties from non-Tech savvy to tech savvy.
kh_design

Web Site Leadership Directory updated from MLS

Post by kh_design »

Stake and Ward Web Sites’ Leadership Directory updated automatically from what is entered in the MLS organizations.

This has likely been requested many times.
tonicw-p40

lds.org link on email broadcast message

Post by tonicw-p40 »

It is possible to have the lds.org link added to the email broadcast message instead of directing users to go to the website?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tonicw wrote:It is possible to have the lds.org link added to the email broadcast message instead of directing users to go to the website?
Just a generic link to the website? Because if there's no event description, there's really no way to link to the event directly.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Expanding the idea of calendar event changes ... I have auxiliaries who open the calendar, then if they see an event that should be changed they click FEEDBACK and send me a message. Often it is something cryptic like "please change this event to next Saturday." However, the email I receive has not information about the original calendar item since there really is only general (not page- or event-specific) feedback available.

So please consider a "feedback" link within a particular event where someone can send an email to the administrator and include in that notification the calendar event date and title.
pete_arnett-p40

Suggested Changes to Email Address Update Flow

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

Email Address Overview:
1) it appears that most non techie members forget to update their LUWS email address
2) Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOl) requires and contacting headquarters to get stuff updated
3) MLS is updated by Clerks having membership access

Current Email Address issue:
a) member email addresses do not flow between MLS, LUWS and CDOL (etc.)
b) MLS only accepts family email address
c) Unit Web Admins must research who owns an email address when a Calendar event or an email broadcast takes place
1) the sender gets several emails returned
2) must then research why they were returned
3) must then research who owns the email address
4) must then contact the member and ask them to update their LUWS email address

Suggested Changes to Email Address Update Flow
1) Upgrade MLS to accept email address for each member
2) Have MLS feed LUWS with each members email address
3) Have MLS feed Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOl) with leaders personal email address

The above item has been posted at LDS Technology Forums
(tech.lds.org/forum) and Yahoo LDS Clerks (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ldsclerks)
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
opee

Post by opee »

pete_arnett wrote:Suggested Changes to Email Address Update Flow
3) Have MLS feed Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOl) with leaders personnel email address

I assume that you meant "personal" instead of "personnel" email address. That is an interesting concept. Would you also update the personal address and phone number information in CDOL? HQ would then need to be updated on the leader's work information only.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”