Table of Contents scrolling

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
musicrocksgbv

Table of Contents scrolling

Post by musicrocksgbv »

I know I may be missing something obvious, but I don't see a scroll bar for the Table of Contents when viewing almost any page on the Scriptures webpages. I'm sure this may have been asked before, but I just don't have a clue why I can't see a scroll option, say when I need to access something further down than the main page will go and the list of topics or books go past what the page loaded, so I obviously can't access it unless it scrolls? I often get around it by doing a site search, but this is really inconvenient at times...

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Table of Contents scrolling

Post by russellhltn »

It seems to be relying on the scroll function of the computer in question. A scroll wheel, or Page Down key works. I'd imagine on a touch screen, whatever is normally used to scroll would be used (touch-and-drag, two-finger movement, etc.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
musicrocksgbv

Post by musicrocksgbv »

Thanks for your quick response. I believe my computer has that two-finger scrolling option, but it's not something I implemented. I did discover by accident last night after I made the post that using the page up/page down buttons, as well as the d-pad buttons, seem to help...but this is something that has been maddening for months. It would be nice if they also had a scroll bar in addition to the up/down button variants. But thank you so much for your help. :)
mevans

Post by mevans »

I also don't have a scroll bar on the left or right side panel. I guess I've been using the new interface for a while now and have learned how it behaves. Sometimes the behavior seems strange, but, generally, it's been working.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”