How to view unassigned items??

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mlz01

How to view unassigned items??

Post by mlz01 »

In the old version of notes online, there was a notebook named "unassigned." From there you could see what was unassigned and then assign it to a notebook. With the version of notes now, I can not find my unassigned items. Does anyone know how to find them so I can get them assigned? Thanks
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: How to view unassigned items??

Post by sbradshaw »

The first tab in the left panel is the "All" section (equivalent to "All" in the Gospel Library mobile app). It has all of your notes, highlights, etc., assigned and unassigned. That's the best way to find any unassigned notes in the new Notes tool.

There is a shortcut for organizing your notes, though – it's not linked to anymore from the menus, but the old version of Notes is still online:
https://www.lds.org/study-tools?lang=eng
I wouldn't expect it to be around too much longer, because the new Notes tool is replacing it, but for now it can still be used to assign things to notebooks.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I see all my notes but how do I find which ones are unassigned? It looks like I would have to go through them one by one. I have almost 20,000 notes.

I know the old notes is still online. It says that I have 692 unassigned notes. I don't know how that happened because I had all of them assigned. Now 692 are unassigned???? How did that happen???? Also, the old version will not save my changes. When I hit save it just spins and spins. It's been doing that for the last year.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

In the new notes, could there be an "unassigned" notebook like the old notes had. That way you could go to that notebook and assign them. That is what I did on the old version.

Also, is there a way to see the total number count so you can see how many annotations you have??? The old version says I have almost 20,000 but I don't see any way to see that number in the new version. I feel like the old version was much easier to use.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mlz01 wrote:I see all my notes but how do I find which ones are unassigned?
A quick search shows that sbradshaw gave excellent instructions in a post on how to do this. Enjoy.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

So, there is a way on the new notes to view all notes. But, is there a way to view only unassigned? I don't want to have to go through all 20,000 notes to find the few unassigned. The only way I see to do it is to go to the old notes that will soon be taken down. The old notes also does not work for me any more. All I get is a spinning circle if I try to change something.

Can anyone tell me how to find my unassigned notes in the new notes?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”