Tag and Notebook links not working

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
marcfisher

Tag and Notebook links not working

Post by marcfisher »

I added a quote in my Gospel Library in one of my Notebooks. I then wanted to add a tag to that quote. The link, though, that says "Add a tag" and the link that says "Add to Notebook" are not working. When I click them nothing happens. They are blue, which looks like they link somewhere, but they don't. Any ideas why this is happening? I am using Google Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).
mlz01

Re: Tag and Notebook links not working

Post by mlz01 »

They are not working for me either. ???
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

After tapping "Add to notebook" or "Add tag," you can start typing the name of the tag, and an auto-complete list will appear. It's a little confusing that they look like links.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
marcfisher

Post by marcfisher »

Perfect! You are correct! Thanks! I was able to add my tags.
dfechser

Post by dfechser »

I ran into this same missunderstanding. Thanks for posting this.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Glad it helped!

For anyone running into the same issue, I'd recommend sending feedback as well, so the team that maintains the site is aware that it causes confusion. There's a feedback link at the bottom of the Gospel Library Online study pages.
dfechser

Post by dfechser »

Thanks, I'll do that.
dfechser

Post by dfechser »

This didn't work the way I thought. When I look at Notebooks there is a plus at the top of the TOC pane which adds a new notebook. Inside a notebook, when I click on "Add to notebook" and enter a title I get ... a new notebook! I had expected to add a note to the current notebook!

I found another way to create a new note - click on the Pencil on the notebook title in the TOC.

I've tried "Add to notebook" twice and now have two unwanted notebooks. I now cannot find a way to delete a notebook.

Will you tell me how to delete an unwanted notebook on the webpage?

Maybe "Add a notebook" should say "Add new notbook" or "Create new notebook".

Thanks!

DF
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

When you're typing a title of a notebook above a note, in the "Add to notebook" field, you should see an autocomplete list of existing notebooks under where you're typing. The first option is the autocomplete is to create a new notebook, but if you click on the title of one of the existing notebooks in the list, it should add your note to that existing notebook.

To delete a notebook, go to the Notebooks tab (in the left panel, third icon from the left that looks like a notebook), then click the pencil icon (which means "Edit"), then click the trash can next to the notebook name in the list. Then click the checkmark where the pencil icon was. You'll want to make sure any notes you want are removed from that notebook first, though, before you delete it.
dfechser

Post by dfechser »

I see. Thank you for this help!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”