Save to your Study Notebook

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
gshosford

Save to your Study Notebook

Post by gshosford »

I have just encountered the latest version of LDS.org. When I am logged on and studying the scriptures, each time I click on a link or advance to the next chapter a pop-up appears with the title "Save to your Study Notebook." For the first time or two it was OK. However, it has be come a nuisance. I do not see a tick box for "Don't show me this message again," or some other way to disable it. Now that I know about it, I don't need an incessant reminder.
trentcon

Re: Save to your Study Notebook

Post by trentcon »

I have the same problem.
jolinbera

Post by jolinbera »

Same issue, would love to be able to make it go away, very distracting.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you tried using the newer scripture pages under LDS.org/study?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Hmm. I did not know it was there. It looks like the Gospel Library app. I have often wondered why LDS.org was more cumbersome that the Gospel Library app. Thank you for the tip.

The fact remains that if you log on to LDS.org first and click on Scriptures and Study and navigate to the Class Members' Guide for the Sunday School Lessons or go elsewhere, the annoying pop-up keeps popping up. And somehow after I opened LDS.org, it closed LDS.org/study and reverted back to the more cumbersome version with the annoying pop-ups. It used to be that LDS.org did not have that annoyingly persistent pop-up.
mevans

Post by mevans »

This problem was introduced recently. It seems to be related to the web page header change, which completely broke the study tools for a while (see https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32608). They fixed the problem that completely broke the study tools, but the "Save to your Study Notebook" always pops up now, which is bothersome. I hope they fix it, but at least study tools work again.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Thank you for the information and the insights as to what happened. In the mean time I will need to rely on the Gospel Library app.
mevans

Post by mevans »

gshosford wrote:Thank you for the information and the insights as to what happened. In the mean time I will need to rely on the Gospel Library app.
You're welcome. If the bubble doesn't drive you insane, I find that the web-based study tools are working fine now. I'm kind of used to just dismissing it on each page now. I hope they fix it sometime soon.
gshosford

Post by gshosford »

Over the years, it seems to have lost functionality. When I tried it a few days ago, it could only do one highlight per paragraph.

I used to be able to do multiple highlights in different colors in a given paragraph. I also used to be able to highlight an entire sentence or paragraph, then go back and highlight specific words or phrases in a different color. I have used color coding of topics in my hard copy scriptures. At one time I could do the same thing, or similar to it with the online version. Although the hard copy method was more versatile and had more colors. Speaking of colors, as I recall, the early releases had more than 10 colors.

I also hope they fix it soon.
pbarlow1966

Post by pbarlow1966 »

Please fix this soon! It is very annoying. (Maybe it is a test to see if I can keep the Spirit while studying the scriptures.) .

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”