Several errors across all of LDS.org

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Skeets

Several errors across all of LDS.org

Post by Skeets »

I've noticed several problems with the online scriptures, and just in case they haven't been reported yet, I'm posting them here:

# "New experience" pages (by the way, I love the new experience design)

- There are several references to "http://outofservice.lds.org/" on the "new experience" pages of the online scriptures. This causes an error, and blocks the request in Chrome. This page appears to have a valid SSL certificate, so should be a simple matter of replacing all instances of "http://outofservice.lds.org/" with "https://outofservice.lds.org/".

# Online scripture pages outside the "New experience" (the "new experience" isn't available in all languages yet... in my case I use Japanese)

- It looks like there are references to jQuery before jQuery is included. `lds.js` blows up on line 10 every time.
- The English version of the online scriptures (not new experience) has a horizontal scrollbar. Removing the `div` containing the "new experience" toggle fixes it. (that also explains why it isn't happening in other languages, where that toggle doesn't exist yet) The issue is that the `div` has a width of `100%` AND padding on the left and right of `8px` each. That causes it to go over by 16 pixels, which adds the horizontal scrollbar to the page. Changing the width of the div (#pf-betaToggleBar) to `width: calc(100% - 16px)` fixes the problem perfectly.

I think that about covers the bugs that I have been encountering for the past couple weeks. If this is the wrong place to report them, let me know so I can post them to the right place.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Several errors across all of LDS.org

Post by lajackson »

Skeets wrote:I think that about covers the bugs that I have been encountering for the past couple weeks. If this is the wrong place to report them, let me know so I can post them to the right place.
If you would not mind, please copy this information into Feedback on one of the LDS.org pages. That way the developers will see it for certain. This is a user-to-user forum, and they do not always frequent these topics. But Feedback gets to them every time.

Thank you for your excellent detective work.
mevans

Re: Several errors across all of LDS.org

Post by mevans »

I believe that's the type of thing I've seen with the "New Experience."

I'm curious what response you get when you submit to Feedback. When I submitted Feedback, the response I got was more along the lines of "please be patient, the developers are working on things" and it didn't seem like they really wanted feedback at this time, so I haven't been making an effort to provide any further feedback.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”