"Hide Footnotes" on New Experience

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
stradling

"Hide Footnotes" on New Experience

Post by stradling »

I am a real fan of the "hide footnotes" function -- selecting text to other places is greatly aided without the letter indices coming along.

The "New Experience" toggle seems to have no equivalent setting. I'd very much like to keep it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: "Hide Footnotes" on New Experience

Post by sbradshaw »

When you're on a chapter in the new study experience (Gospel Library Online), you should see an "Aa" icon in the top left. If you click that icon, you'll see the option to show or hide footnotes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ryanphutchings

Post by ryanphutchings »

The new experience is slow, clunky, unintuitive, etc. Please revert to old way that wasn't broke. :)
mevans

Post by mevans »

ryanphutchings wrote:The new experience is slow, clunky, unintuitive, etc. Please revert to old way that wasn't broke. :)
I've been using the new experience nearly every day for several months. While there are some things I highly dislike about it on a daily basis (I've posted about them in this forum), I generally like the concept. If you have specific comments about design or technical issues, you can post them in this forum (or find other posts relating to your problems and add comments there). People in the forum may be able to help you with challenges you face in moving to the new method.

The official way to share your feelings with the church is through the Feedback link. In study tools, it's on the left table of contents panel if you scroll all the way to the bottom (I didn't think it existed at all, but someone in the forums showed me where it exists in study tools). Your feedback will be reviewed by service volunteers who are trying to help as best as they can. People who make decisions may somehow get this information. We really aren't exposed to the church's decision-making process. Some church employees who know a lot about the tools occasionally participate in discussion threads, but it's pretty rare they ever make comment about how decisions are made or upcoming fixes or changes.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”