What Happened to "My Study Notebook"?

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mpatters

What Happened to "My Study Notebook"?

Post by mpatters »

:o I have been using "My Study Notebook" for some time in preparing lessons and talks online. It seems to have disappeared. When I choose "notes" on the bottom of a page of scriptures, I come to an online version that is very limited in editing capacity. Most problematic, I can no longer move notes around: the order I save them is the order I'm stuck with. Also, I can no longer print my notebooks. This has effectively ended my ability to use LDS.org to prepare lessons and talks. Please help me either access the old notebook or fix the editing ASAP!

For reference, here is what I am looking for: https://www.lds.org/help/support/bc/app ... f?lang=eng

Thanks!
mevans

Re: What Happened to "My Study Notebook"?

Post by mevans »

Wow, you dug up some interesting history that I didn't realize was still out there. Actually, I wasn't aware of lds.org/help. There are some links there to dead things, but I found a link to the old notebook. Apparently it's still working: https://www.lds.org/study-tools/folders . Try that out and see if it gets you what you want. I don't know how long they'll keep the old notebook running.

The church somewhat recently changed the link off of the main menu to the new notebook. There are pros and cons and missing features. I'm glad to see the old URL still works, at least for the time being.
erekson101

Post by erekson101 »

I'm in the same boat, I only prepare a talk every 6 months or so, so all the missing functionality was a surprise. I guess I'll need a new workflow.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Don't rely on the old tool being available too much longer – be sure to send feedback about things that are missing in the new tool, so the new tool can be improved.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”