"New Experience" Toggle - error

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

Re: "New Experience" Toggle - error

Post by mevans »

alanpark2 wrote:I have several members of my ward who are interested in transitioning to the new digital note-taking experience. However, as I'm taking notes, the content on the page will appear for a brief second, and the leave me with a blank screen. I tried clearing my cache and cookies. That seemed to work for a second, but then, only minutes later, it happened again. I'm not sure what to do.
Are you and members of your ward still having the issue? Since my previous report that they finally seem to have things working, I haven't encountered such problems; however, it's important to know if others are still having the issues. I've been able to study now for maybe 3 weeks using the New Experience almost always.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Eeek! The problem is back. I can no longer this week's study assignment. I get the blank page again. I hope it gets fixed.
cynthianielsen

Post by cynthianielsen »

I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Chrome incognito. "the screen flashes a lot and the desired content appears and disappears a few times. In the end, I may end up with a blank content area,"
I'm ending up with a blank content area. Incognito gave me the content. . . until I logged in.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm logged in and can see content now. Maybe they fixed something today.
fkstewart3

Post by fkstewart3 »

I've been having the same problem for weeks. Super frustrating. When I go to any of the scriptures or to Come Follow Me, it will display for a few seconds and then the page disappears altogether. If I am not logged in it seems to work for a while, but then the pages seem to be blank when I select a link. Tried Chrome, and Edge.
Any fixes?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

fkstewart3 wrote:I've been having the same problem for weeks. Super frustrating. When I go to any of the scriptures or to Come Follow Me, it will display for a few seconds and then the page disappears altogether. If I am not logged in it seems to work for a while, but then the pages seem to be blank when I select a link. Tried Chrome, and Edge.
Any fixes?
There's a chance clearing your browser cache and deleting relevant cookies might help. No guarantee, but that's an odd enough symptom that it might. If not, please use the 'Feedback' button/link to report the problem to official channels.
mevans

Post by mevans »

fkstewart3 wrote:I've been having the same problem for weeks. Super frustrating. When I go to any of the scriptures or to Come Follow Me, it will display for a few seconds and then the page disappears altogether. If I am not logged in it seems to work for a while, but then the pages seem to be blank when I select a link. Tried Chrome, and Edge.
Any fixes?
Have you taken any personal notes or just highlighted passages on any of the pages where you have problems? I have experienced issues where a personal note can cause the page to not render. The only way I've found to fix that is to go to the Notes page (My Account and Ward / My Account / Notes) and delete the note that caused the page to not render. Then it renders again.

The fact that it also may occur when you are not logged in may indicate a different problem. There have certainly been times when all the content is messed up and nothing displays except for some table of contents pages. I find the church seems to get those fixed within a day or two when it happens,

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”