"New Experience" Toggle - error

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
mevans

"New Experience" Toggle - error

Post by mevans »

I noticed the "New Experience" toggle at the top of the scriptures I was studying this morning. I tried it out and this is what I got:

Code: Select all

Cannot read property 'uri' of undefined
(I was using Chrome on a Mac)
This seems to force everything to the new experience, redirecting "old experience" URLs. So, now everything gives me that error. I tried clearing my cache and it still redirected to the error. I don't have time to mess with it and experiment right now, but thought I better mention it and see if others experience this issue.
mevans

Re: "New Experience" Toggle - error

Post by mevans »

My "new experience" is a little better today, but still having problems. If I do the toggle to turn on New Experience, the screen flashes a lot and the desired content appears and disappears a few times. In the end, I may end up with a blank content area, or I may see the content. At least I'm not getting the "cannot read property 'uri' of undefined" error today.

I've experienced the problem in both Chrome and Safari on a Mac. I don't have time to do a lot of testing on systems right now, but there seem to be some significant problems with the New Experience working.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I take back my previous comment. I just got another "Cannot read property 'uri' of undefined".

Oddly, I had a working "new experience" content (Old Testament Class Member Study Guide, Lesson 26). I duplicated the tab in Chrome and the duplicate tab gave me the error. This isn't an error inside of other content: it's the response from the web server. If I view the page source, all it contains is the error text. No HTML.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I've seen similar errors on Mac, especially on Safari, but not been able to reproduce it well. Clearing cache has usually fixed it for me, though. Does it work if you use incognito / private browsing mode? Don't forget to send your report through Feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:I've seen similar errors on Mac, especially on Safari, but not been able to reproduce it well. Clearing cache has usually fixed it for me, though. Does it work if you use incognito / private browsing mode? Don't forget to send your report through Feedback.
Thanks for confirming you've seen some problems. I was hoping to see if anyone else reports issues before I send in Feedback. Unfortunately, with Feedback, a frequent response can be that the system was likely overloaded and I should try again later. It can take a few iterations to convince someone there's a real problem.

I've tried clearing the cache and that didn't do it. If I find some time, I'll try out incognito and a few other things.

Has anyone else seen problems?
djsharp

Post by djsharp »

The New Experience Toggle worked very well for me.
But recently it seems to have disappeared.
Anyone know where it went?
danpass

Post by danpass »

djsharp wrote:The New Experience Toggle worked very well for me.
But recently it seems to have disappeared.
Anyone know where it went?
See this post.
garyallen1

Re: "New Experiencen" Toggle - error and can't stop

Post by garyallen1 »

I get errors in serve and teach on the mac (both chrome and safari).
I try turning off 'new experience' and it won't let me.
Help!
mevans

Post by mevans »

Are you still having problems with the "New Experience"? I think they finally fixed something. For maybe about the last week I've been able to use it. Now I need to find time to write up all the bugs I'm finding.
alanpark2

Post by alanpark2 »

I have several members of my ward who are interested in transitioning to the new digital note-taking experience. However, as I'm taking notes, the content on the page will appear for a brief second, and the leave me with a blank screen. I tried clearing my cache and cookies. That seemed to work for a second, but then, only minutes later, it happened again. I'm not sure what to do.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”