Study tools are not working well since the design change

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
holmchicken

Re: Study tools are not working well since the design change

Post by holmchicken »

Same problem (s) here. Safari. Use these heavily for daily seminary lesson prep. Seems to work fine from tablet but the video resources are not available on the mobile.
josephbenjaminjensen

Post by josephbenjaminjensen »

Similar problems here using chrome web browser (version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on Linux Mint. I can highlight one verse, then the study tools die, and I have to log out and re-log in, but the study tools die again after one highlight.
jonathangilbert

Post by jonathangilbert »

Same here. Same browser (Safari). Same usage needs (daily seminary prep). Hopefully finding an answer soon. PS, I also switched to Firefox on this MacBook and the issue remains.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I'm having the same problems. Nothing is visible. I haven't been able to save or change anything for weeks. My tags and notebooks are changing all on their own. I'm having problems with this online and in the app. I've tried several devices and browsers-still nothing works!!! It's really put a damper on my scripture study!!!!!
brandon.langford

Post by brandon.langford »

I've been having this issue as well, using Safari or Chrome browsers. Has anyone got a fix yet?
bburgon

Post by bburgon »

No longer able to use study tools, receiving Error: My Study Tools are currently unavailable. Have attempted on Safari, Chrome and FireFox with the same result.
seth9341

Post by seth9341 »

I have also been having a lot of problems with adding or editing notes to the online scriptures. It seems the Gospel Library app is working fine, for which I'm very grateful, but it is difficult for me to do my morning personal scripture study on my phone. I was afraid that it was a problem with my account, but it seems more widespread than that.
Ham827

Post by Ham827 »

The seminary lessons aren's able to be highlighted. These are no longer printed so I'm desperate to have this working again.
teebar

Post by teebar »

srtho44 wrote:Ever since the blue tool bar was introduced to the study tools I've had a difficult time logging in and having the tools stay logged in. This morning once I got logged in I was able to highlight, but I've been unsuccessful at removing a bookmark. Once I finally am able to see the toolbar at the bottom of the page, I click Bookmark, Edit, and click on the trash can icon and the confirmation message comes up, but then after I click okay, the message box disappears and I see a message just above the toolbar that says that the study tools are temporarily unavailable. The toolbar is then unresponsive. I typically use Safari on my MacBook Air, but I've also tried Chrome with the same problem.

I deleted by browser history in Safari, hoping that would solve the problem, and have restarted my computer, but the problem persists.
Are you still having problems? It is two months later and I'm having difficulty with the same thing. It's frustrating because I have a lot of notes I want to add to my study.
pjkolak

Post by pjkolak »

No study tools in General Conference view this week.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”