Syncing notes on PC to iPhone

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
teguymon

Syncing notes on PC to iPhone

Post by teguymon »

After years of typing notes into my iPhone with the thumbs-keyboard on the phone, a friend showed me how I can use the much more powerful "real" keyboard of my PC and have the notes also appear on my wireless media. At one point I remember he directed to to a window that showed a "Sync" button after signing in. I was delighted to have this new power. But the day after, I can get on the Gospel Library app on my PC, and all the notes are there, but as I create new ones, they no longer show up on my iPhone. I have searched everywhere, and I can't find that "Sync" button anywhere. Help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Syncing notes on PC to iPhone

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you using the Gospel Library app for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, or are you using the study tools at LDS.org?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
diannelynch

Re: Syncing notes on PC to iPhone (or my android)

Post by diannelynch »

I am using Windows 10 on my PC and my notes and annotations do not show up on my phone (Android) or tablet (Kindle or Android I tried logging in on my husbands). This happened once before, it was about the time of the last major update. It ended up that I lost about 1/2 of my notes. So I have redone them all and all was well until Friday (Nov 3, 2017) when once again nothing is showing up on my tablet or phone. Both say that they were synced "a moment ago" or "a minute ago" but nothing is there. I have logged out of both. Uninstalled both and reinstalled and signed back in ....nothing. I love being able to study on my PC an then have a mobile copy but it is getting frustrating. Is it a bug in the program, is the sync function just not obvious?
reededwards

Re: Syncing notes on PC to iPhone

Post by reededwards »

I was having the same issue and found your post. I tried signing out and re-syncing again and it brought everything that I had from lds.org. I'm sure you tried that...hopefully you're able to get it worked out soon.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Syncing notes on PC to iPhone (or my android)

Post by sbradshaw »

diannelynch wrote:I am using Windows 10 on my PC and my notes and annotations do not show up on my phone (Android) or tablet (Kindle or Android I tried logging in on my husbands). This happened once before, it was about the time of the last major update. It ended up that I lost about 1/2 of my notes. So I have redone them all and all was well until Friday (Nov 3, 2017) when once again nothing is showing up on my tablet or phone. Both say that they were synced "a moment ago" or "a minute ago" but nothing is there. I have logged out of both. Uninstalled both and reinstalled and signed back in ....nothing. I love being able to study on my PC an then have a mobile copy but it is getting frustrating. Is it a bug in the program, is the sync function just not obvious?
On your PC, are you using Gospel Library for Windows, or are you using the study tools at LDS.org?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”