Please Help: Cannot Edit Notes on LDS.org

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
georgejackson75

Please Help: Cannot Edit Notes on LDS.org

Post by georgejackson75 »

I cannot edit any Notes on lds.org. I've tried three different browsers. When I click save, nothing happens. Progress indicator just keeps going and going. Strange because I can make edits in the Gospel Library app. This works OK, but app is very cumbersome for typing or copying pasting lots of notes and text. Please help.

GJ
jpearce

Re: Please Help: Cannot Edit Notes on LDS.org

Post by jpearce »

I have the same challenge. It says it's saving, but it just keeps spinning and doesn't resolve. Makes me concerned that the Notes and Journal functionality is going away. Will it be supported going forward?
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Same here. I can add notes, but I don't seem to be able to edit any of them. I generally assign a note to a notebook at creation time, but sometimes I forget. About a month ago I went through most of my notes that weren't assigned and put them in my correct notebooks. Starting in the last week or so I have been unable to do this anymore. In some cases the save button seems to have lost it's click event handler, pressing it does nothing and I can't even attempt a save, I can only cancel. In some other cases the update service call returns a 200 ok, but the JSON has successful:false and "error saving annotation".

I don't see a feedback ribbon on the page, like most on lds.org have. I've reported it via the feedback link in the footer, but that probably just goes to lds.org, don't know that it will make it back to the notes team (if there is currently one).
mevans

Post by mevans »

The Notes feature is in a sad state and somewhat broken right now. I don't know if that has anything to do with your current problem. I've submitted feedback about different problems with Notes and was told that the developers are working on changes. The response person didn't know when the issues would be fixed, but was hoping it would be by the end of the year.

I hope it gets fixed soon. I do most of my study online (with the web browser on a big screen, not a phone or tablet) and things keep getting worse.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you happen to be on a Windows 10 computer, you could try out the Windows 10 Gospel Library app (through the Windows Store) as an alternative to the LDS.org experience, until the study tools on LDS.org get updated. If you're on a newer Chromebook, you can run Gospel Library for Android (through the Play Store).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

This has gotten even worse for me in the last week. I now can't add tags or assign content to a notebook even on creation. I can highlight and select a color and that will persist correctly, but if I try to assign to a notebook or add a tag (either at creation time, or after I've saved the highlight) it takes me to a Page not found error page.

I think I'll take sbradshaw's idea and use a Chromebook until it gets fixed (hopefully it will at some point).
pamelagpeterson

Post by pamelagpeterson »

I can't add a new page.
DeniseKSorensen

Post by DeniseKSorensen »

I am not able to edit notes in Dec 2018, has there been a solution to this?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Is this still a problem for people, or has the issue been resolved?
naomimf

Post by naomimf »

When I access my scripture notes I can only see the bottom line, I can’t read them or edit them.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”