Listening to scriptures on LDS.org

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
SandyCrozier

Listening to scriptures on LDS.org

Post by SandyCrozier »

For the past couple of weeks we have not been able to use the listen portion of the scriptures. We have in the past on any number of tablets, computers, and smart TV. I no longer works. Any suggestions?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Listening to scriptures on LDS.org

Post by aebrown »

SandyCrozier wrote:For the past couple of weeks we have not been able to use the listen portion of the scriptures. We have in the past on any number of tablets, computers, and smart TV. I no longer works. Any suggestions?
It works fine for me. It would help if you could supply some details:
  • When you say it "no longer works," what do you mean?
  • Do you see the Listen button and can you click it?
  • Do you get any error messages?
  • Does it seem to be playing (the progress gauge advances), but you don't hear anything?
  • Do you have a similar problem listening to other audio on LDS.org (such as the recent general conference addresses)? Or does it just affect the scriptures?
  • Can you listen to audio on other sites? For example, try Elder Cook's recent talk at BYU.
  • What browser are you using?
poloaiui

Post by poloaiui »

I can click on the Listen button but nothing happens, Didn't get an error message at all The audio only affects the scriptures and not other audios on LDS.org. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm guessing it's because the audio is hosted on a server with http://, but the site itself is https://, tripping the security settings on some browsers. I'd send feedback about it using the feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org...
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
pelusos

Post by pelusos »

I am trying to listen to scriptures but the Listen Button does nothing. Somehow I had a menu appear at the bottom of the scriptures page and there was a switch which turned on the listen but when I moved to a different scripture it went away. How do I turn listen back on
Serge
Randyhaar

Post by Randyhaar »

We have in the past on any number of tablets, computers, and smart TV. It no longer works. Any suggestions? Why are we changing things for the worse???
jzwillows

Post by jzwillows »

As if 2 days ago the icon used to listen to scriptures is gone while I am using my Ipad4.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jzwillows wrote:As if 2 days ago the icon used to listen to scriptures is gone while I am using my Ipad4.
What version of Gospel Library are you on? If you go to Settings > App Details, what does it show as your English catalog version? Also, do you have an example of a chapter you're trying to listen to?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
deejtorres

Post by deejtorres »

The icon used for listening is no longer on the page. I used to listen to the scriptures on my desktop with Chrome. I tried it with Windows 10, but it is the same problem. What could be causing this? I would like to listen again.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”