Notes Gone from LDS.org

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
conman124

Notes Gone from LDS.org

Post by conman124 »

Hi,

I have been using the notes feature of Gospel Library to help keep a study journal. Today, I finally decided to update to the newest version of the gospel library app, and all of my notes are gone. I can't be 100% certain that it is related to the update, but that's when I noticed it. I have checked lds.org and they are not on there either, which makes me think something else is wrong. EDIT: To clarify, I also checked the deleted/trash folder on lds.org and they are not there, so I don't think I accidentally deleted them.

What can I do to restore these? Is there a support person I should contact somehow?

Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Notes Gone from LDS.org

Post by sbradshaw »

What platform do you use Gospel Library on (Android, iOS)?
How did you keep your journal – was it in a notebook (Android or iOS), or in the journal section of the app (Android)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Since you checked lds.org and the notes are not there, can we assume that previously you did look at lds.org (https://www.lds.org/study-tools) and you saw notes there?
conman124

Post by conman124 »

@sbradshaw - I use Gospel Library on Android. I am not 100% sure if it was in the journal or the notebook section, but I am pretty sure it was in the notebook section. I do have several notebooks which I created before (and added entries to, I'm pretty sure), but which are now either empty or missing many entries. I already tried doing the "Restore Journal", and it brought back one entry, but I am still missing many.

@mevans - Good point, I hadn't previously checked to see that they were there. Is it possible that for some reason they were never synced from my device to the website in the first place?
mevans

Post by mevans »

I guess another check: do you just have one Android device? If you have more than one device, did you see the notes sync to the other device?

Do you remember if you logged in to Gospel Library with your LDS Account so that it would know where to sync your information?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”