Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Opening Notes and Saving Not Working Properly

Post by lajackson »

wedis wrote:I don't know where to post to the technicians other than i can fill in the webpage feedback and hope somebody forwards it.
That is exactly what you should do. Although they do not always acknowledge the feedback, the right folks do receive it.
bdoughty

Post by bdoughty »

The last few days I have noticed when working in the scriptures and adding highlights and notes, a message pops up telling me notes is not available. I can usually page forward and back to have them working again. This used to be only periodically, but now it occurs on nearly all changes and has made adding any notes impossible. I do see a new task bar in Chrome showing I am in notes mode, so I assume a recent change has been made. For whatever reason, what used to work fairly well, has not worked at all the last two days. I am on Windows 7 operating system.
mevans

Post by mevans »

bdoughty wrote:The last few days I have noticed when working in the scriptures and adding highlights and notes, a message pops up telling me notes is not available. I can usually page forward and back to have them working again. This used to be only periodically, but now it occurs on nearly all changes and has made adding any notes impossible. I do see a new task bar in Chrome showing I am in notes mode, so I assume a recent change has been made. For whatever reason, what used to work fairly well, has not worked at all the last two days. I am on Windows 7 operating system.
I'm seeing similar problems. At first I could get it to work with page refreshes, but the last two days I've never been able to get it to work.
willisjohnnyernest1

Post by willisjohnnyernest1 »

I am constantly refreshing the scripture marking tool. It generally takes three times before the scripture will stay highlighted. Is there a solution?
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I'm having the same problems again. Nothing is visible. I haven't been able to save or change anything for weeks. My tags and notebooks are changing all on their own. I'm having problems with this online and in the app. I've tried several devices and browsers-still nothing works!!! It's really put a damper on my scripture study!!!!!
christianvago

Post by christianvago »

It works pretty well under Firefox browser, but with the English texts only (French version of the BoM does work for highlighting text, not for adding notes).
jlsharp

Post by jlsharp »

notes not saving!!! I typed in some notes and put in a notebook on my computer.It was saving it. Today there are 3 topics i typed in a couple of days ago that took a long time and now they are not saved on any device.. It would save to my phone 6Splus i phone one time and on my kindle another time. Never did all my notes come over at the same time. So I signed out of lds.org and turned off all my devices then turned them back on and nothing changed. Those 3 notes have not come back on any of my devices. I am very disappointed and frustrated. Can anyone fix this or advise?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”