Gateway timeout

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
rpartridge

Gateway timeout

Post by rpartridge »

I am getting a gateway timeout when I try to print or download my notebook.
Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
Reference # 1.41781bb8.1417801632.94e5849

Is there a limit to notebook size? Is there documentation that describes best practices how to use the notebooks? So far I have all my notes, highlights, etc in a single notebook. I have been unable to find suggestions on how the multiple notebooks could be used.
PamelaBonta

Re: Gateway timeout

Post by PamelaBonta »

There is not a limit as far as I am aware - although it is suggested that journal entries should be no longer than 600 words. Here is the link to the how-to guide. https://www.lds.org/help/support/applic ... g?lang=eng

It could be that your one notebook is so large that it takes too long to set it up for printing? Not sure.
richkeeler

Re: Gateway timeout

Post by richkeeler »

I'm having this same Gateway Timout error when trying to download an XML backup of my notebook + highlights. I have 1528 Unassigned items, but none of them are extraordinarily large. Just highlights and notes. I'd like to grab a backup every few months for fear of losing all my work somehow, but I've been unable to download the file the last few times I've tried. I'd love to hear of some kind of solution or alternate way to secure a backup. Thanks!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”