UK Tithing Calculator

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
MamaMel

Re: UK Tithing Calculator

Post by MamaMel »

My income has increased. I need to pay more tithing and increase my contributions. How do I go about this please? I am already registered with gift aid but want to provide a modified breakdown of donations.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

MamaMel wrote:My income has increased. I need to pay more tithing and increase my contributions. How do I go about this please? I am already registered with gift aid but want to provide a modified breakdown of donations.
You simply email the church's gift-aid department (giftaid@ldschurch.org) with the new donation breakdown and they will record this and use it for any future donations. For every time your donation amount changes you simply email them again.

See also https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gift_Aid
rmartin83

Post by rmartin83 »

Hi there, used the gift aid calculator for years but suddenly stopped working.. using Chrome on Windows 11.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

rmartin83 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:16 am Hi there, used the gift aid calculator for years but suddenly stopped working.. using Chrome on Windows 11.
There's a small chance that clearing your browser cache and deleting relevant cookies might solve that problem. If it works in incognito mode (alias a private browser window), that is a pretty good indication that clearing cache and deleting cookies will solve the problem for normal mode, too.
williamliu

Post by williamliu »

rmrichesjr wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:02 pm
rmartin83 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:16 am Hi there, used the gift aid calculator for years but suddenly stopped working.. using Chrome on Windows 11.
There's a small chance that clearing your browser cache and deleting relevant cookies might solve that problem. If it works in incognito mode (alias a private browser window), that is a pretty good indication that clearing cache and deleting cookies will solve the problem for normal mode, too.
I have the same issue, I tried it on my mobile and laptop, cleared cache and incognito window - nothing worked... any suggestions anyone?
arrowe

Post by arrowe »

Hi Kenneth, I am having problems with the UK Tithing Calculator. I am not able to get the value to display in the Tithing field after clicking the Calc Tithing button. I have tried using two different browsers - Chrome and Edge - without any success. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Adrian Rowe
abispencer

Post by abispencer »

I recently tried to use the gift aid calculator, but it doesn't appear to be working. Is this just a temporary glitch?
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

HI everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issue with the Gift Aid Calculator.
It is a mystery since it has not changed since 2015.

To get it working again I will create a new one in HTML5 and get the same calculation working again.

Give me a week or so and I should be able to find some time to sort it.

Kenneth
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kennethjorgensen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:25 am It is a mystery since it has not changed since 2015.
It looks like it was written in JavaScript. I suspect there's been a change in the default security settings, perhaps limiting what sites can run it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

I have now rewritten the Tithing Gift Aid Calculator in HTML5 for a more modern look.
It is in the same place: https://bit.ly/tithingslip

Return to “Links & Resources”