API for Directory Web App

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: API for Directory Web App

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:30 am

Sorry it came across that way, but with the exception of scgallafent, all of the responses have been user-to-user (including myself).

The bottom line is the church doesn't provide an api. We can only speculate on the reason. The decision is not up to the developers. It would have to be approved by the Priesthood department as well as legal.

The best chance for change is to use the feedback link in LCR and explain what report you need and why.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

johnshaw

Postby johnshaw » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:56 am

Dwaggstaff1, your summary is accurate. The only success you'll have on YOUR timeline is a work around. This is a major reason the silicon valley members have up a decade ago on trying to help the church with app dev. It's what it is.

Please understand that most responses you got were from years of experience doing what you're trying to do.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Spencermksmith

Postby Spencermksmith » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:45 pm

I wish this topic would be revisited and an API made open to the public. This would be very helpful for different things I would like to do as an executive secretary.

Return to “Links & Resources”