online donations not working

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
edenfaythwoodward

online donations not working

Post by edenfaythwoodward »

Hello,

I have successfully made donations online for more than a year. I have tried several times this week to make a donation and have been unsuccessful.

When I push the 'online donations link' on the church website, I get "Bad request. The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. Additionally, a 502 Bad Gateway error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have no idea what this means, why it is happening, or how to fix it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

LWoodward
jmcinnes

Re: online donations not working

Post by jmcinnes »

Hello,

I have tried on numerous computers and my cell phone and am unable to access the donations page. Says "502 Bad Gateway: Registered endpoint failed to handle the request.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just checked and had no problems.

How long has this been going on? Just today or over several days? Are you using a bookmark or a saved URL to navigate to the Donations page? Recent changes to Church websites could contribute to this as sometimes 502 errors are generally temporary when communications between two servers are interrupted or not working correctly. Have you tried clearing browser cache?

Another reason for 502 bad gateway errors is due to DNS issues, such as incorrectly cached IP address values. Clearing cache could also help with this cause. Flushing DNS is another thing that you can try.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Church websites seem to frequently malfunction due to old cookies. You may need to clear all the cookies associated with churchofjesuschrist.org. Also, old bookmarks could take you to old pages that no longer work. I'd go to the main page and navigate the menus from there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”