Missionary account balance

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
plmerrill

Missionary account balance

Post by plmerrill »

It would be nice to be able to look up the account balance of our missionary :D
davesudweeks

Re: Missionary account balance

Post by davesudweeks »

Your ward/branch clerk can look it up for you and give you the balance.
isaako1

Post by isaako1 »

Is there a way to look it up online?

also, what are the steps to look it up in MLS?
I'm the Ward clerk but I don't know how.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

In LCR, select Finance > Overview > Income and Expense Details from the menu. In the box that says 'All Categories' above the list select 'Ward Missionary Fund' and then select the appropriate missionary from the box to it's right. This will show you all the transactions for that missionary and the current balance at the bottom of the list.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You can also see the missionary subaccount balances in LCR Finance. Click on Overview on the menu, choose Income and Expense Summary, and then click the arrow to the left of Ward Missionary Fund.
annieosbourn

Post by annieosbourn »

I agree about seeing MY missionaries account balance. I understand donations are confidential, however it would be nice to see the balance so we know how much to pay each month.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

annieosbourn wrote:I agree about seeing MY missionaries account balance. I understand donations are confidential, however it would be nice to see the balance so we know how much to pay each month.
As a ward clerk I will give the account details printout with the other donor names whited out or redacted when provided in a PDF file format. This is the best I can do for them.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
molly5foster

Post by molly5foster »

We are on our 4th missionary. We strive to be honest in all our dealings and find ourselves continually frustrated there is no honest communication, no responsible monetary communication from the church for our missionary accounts. With some missionaries we have starved ourselves making the payment, only to find out others were also paying.....I guess we could have fed our family three meals a day during that mission. There is no communication on the monthly cost, no balance sheet available. How can we gain access to our missionary account balance, outstanding balance, overage, etc? Please, please, please help. We are trying to teach our children responsible budgeting. This missionary has worked and slaved and sacrificed to pay for his mission. He wants to see it being paid in full each month. Help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

molly5foster wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:26 am We strive to be honest in all our dealings and find ourselves continually frustrated there is no honest communication, no responsible monetary communication from the church for our missionary accounts.
This is a discussion you need to have with your bishop and clerk. There is no online access to the balance for the families. It's likely a legal reason that could impact the ability to have it as a tax deduction.

The clerk access to the payment amount as well as the current balance. You may need to ask for it on a monthly basis.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

How can we gain access to our missionary account balance, outstanding balance, overage, etc?
I'd also point you to this Forum thread (there's also a few others), that has some additional discussion and insight into possibly why the Church continues to not make this information available to missionary parents (or others). My perspective is that a fundamental aspect is that the missionary fund is not the family's responsibility and does not 'belong' to them, even when they may commit to paying a portion or all of the expenses. Plus, as mentioned, there's definitely legal aspects.
How to see donations for my daughter missionary?

Return to “Online Donations”