Unathorized debits from Savings

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jkilpack

Unathorized debits from Savings

Post by jkilpack »

I posted about this in December--I have had several small debits come out of my savings account over the last 10 months. They come out every 3-8 weeks for $2 to $6 dollars (though the initial ones were higher) They are from "Automatic payment: LDS withdrawal Web(s)" which is the same as my tithing, but my tithing only comes out of my checking account. The savings account is not connected to my LDS.org account. I have checked my LDS.org store--there is no record of these payments. I have checked my donations--there is no record of these payments. My ward clerk said to call my bank, the only thing the bank can do is stop the withdrawer, but that will mean I can't pay my tithing online. I can't find a phone number to call the church about this, I can't find an email address. With my last post, people suggested a hacker--but my bank can't see anything different between the withdrawers. I'm hoping someone knows something about what I can do at this point--if there's a hacker posing as the church, that's pretty scary. If the church is taking funds from my account without my authorization, that's a concern. I like paying my tithing online but will have to shut down that option if I can't figure this out.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Unathorized debits from Savings

Post by lajackson »

jkilpack wrote:I can't find a phone number to call the church about this, I can't find an email address. With my last post, people suggested a hacker--but my bank can't see anything different between the withdrawers. I'm hoping someone knows something about what I can do at this point--if there's a hacker posing as the church, that's pretty scary. If the church is taking funds from my account without my authorization, that's a concern.
II would suggest you send an email to onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org and let them know exactly what is happening. Ask them if they are able to determine anything.

If you are not able to resolve the matter through email, I would suggest you ask your ward clerk for a numbet to call, but I would use the email address first.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jkilpack wrote:I have had several small debits come out of my savings account ... They are from "Automatic payment: LDS withdrawal Web(s)" which is the same as my tithing, but my tithing only comes out of my checking account.
You may want to talk to your bank about disabling ACH on your savings account. That not only would stop future withdraws from LDS, but from anyone else who tries to use your banking numbers.

Personally, I don't like the idea of my savings account being that accessible. If I need access to the money, I'd move it to checking.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jkilpack

Post by jkilpack »

Thank you both for these pieces of advice, I will be acting on both of them today. Much appreciated.

Return to “Online Donations”