How to add a dependant parent to online tithing donation

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Adnelglees

How to add a dependant parent to online tithing donation

Post by Adnelglees »

Hello, can someone please instruct me how I can pay my dependant parent's tithing online? My mother is very elderly, lives with me, knows nothing of computers, has her membership no., but I do all the banking for both our accounts under one password. My mother has her own bank account , but our accounts are all linked under one user and password, which is I, her daughter. How do I generate a tithing donation slip online for my mother that states her name and ward info? There should be a way for me to do both, under our own membership numbers. Please help if you can. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to add a dependant parent to online tithing donation

Post by russellhltn »

There is no process. Everyone does their own as far as the system is concerned.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Adnelglees

Post by Adnelglees »

Thank you russellhltn. So basically, if I understand your comment, my mom will have to continue to pay her tithing manually with the tithing slip in the envelope that is handed to our Bishop?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can make donations online for your mother. But like rusellhltn stated that cannot be done using your credentials. Your mother, or you doing so on her behalf, can create her own account. Once the account is active, donations can be made. You would need to sign in using her account and set up donations using a checking or savings account under her own credentials created using her membership record number (MRN).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”