Online Donations Issues

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
mcpetty13

Online Donations Issues

Post by mcpetty13 »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been making Tithing payments all last year. I got a notice today stating that my statement was available for taxes. I logged in to retrieve it and there were no donations listed at all. It was as if none of them had ever been recorded. We have bank statements to show that we made them, but no official statement from the site.

What, if anything, can I do?

Thank you,
Mason Petty
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online Donations Issues

Post by lajackson »

mcpetty13 wrote:What, if anything, can I do?
Make sure your LDS Account has your membership record number (MRN) attached to it. And if that does not resolve the problem, you will need to speak with your ward clerk who should be able to help you with further assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mcpetty13 wrote:I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been making Tithing payments all last year.
You did not say how you made the payments. If it was on-line, you'll have to use the same account that the donation was made from to see them. For example, if your spouse made the payments, you won't automatically see them.

If you payed directly to your ward and the clerks did not connect your donation record to your membership record, then you won't see them on-line. The same caution about seeing the donations of a spouse applies. There is no way to donate "as a couple". There is a way to see what was processed under the spouse's name - after a check box is clicked in both accounts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:If you payed directly to your ward and the clerks did not connect your donation record to your membership record, then you won't see them on-line.
Note that in this case the ward clerk can (and should) correct this so that your donations do show up.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Note that in this case the ward clerk can (and should) correct this so that your donations do show up.
Agreed. But I don't know how that update ripples though the system to show on the tax statement. I'm not entirely confident that it does.

Personally, I'd recommend asking for the tax statement from the ward as well as having the information updated. Belt and suspenders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”