Regular Donation Page Issue?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
emmamartindale

Regular Donation Page Issue?

Post by emmamartindale »

Ok I wanted to make a donation, so as usual I logged into my account and clicked on My Account and Ward. Under that there's Donation right? So I clicked on that and expected the regular donation page to pop up where I can write everything in and submit it....but it immediately went to my donation history? I guess I'm just really confused. Because I reloaded the page and it was still only donation history. I tried to look for a button for creating a new donation but didn't see one. I even just tried typing in https://www.lds.org/donations/ only and it keeps adding the history part automatically. I'm just not sure why this is happening. Is there a new way I should get to donations?

Is anyone else having this problem? Please help!

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Regular Donation Page Issue?

Post by russellhltn »

Have your membership records moved to a new country? I think that's the expected result if you move to a country that doesn't have on-line donations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
juliekayenewell

Post by juliekayenewell »

We are having the same issue and haven't moved or changed anything.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I made a donation yesterday evening and had no problems.
emmamartindale

Post by emmamartindale »

Yes, actually that is a good point. My records were moved to a different country, I hadn't even thought of that.
I figured out today that if I change the country setting on the left side it gives me the option to make a donation now :) so that's good.
But now apparently the form that showed up before won't load? There's just this huge blank space where it should be. I don't know if anyone else has issues with this part. I tried using several other browsers and removing any adblocks or addons like that that might affect it, but it still doesn't work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

emmamartindale wrote:My records were moved to a different country
The online Donation system is country-specific. If you move to a new country, and the system is available there, you have to set up a new in-country bank account to use for your donations.

An exception seems to be that if you are an expatriate, for example, a senior missionary or a U.S. service member stationed overseas, the Church is able to set your Donations account so that you will be able to continue to donate from your home country bank account to your home country ward.

And I do not believe you are able to change the country setting and make it stick. The Church does that based on the location of your membership record.
tahooie

Post by tahooie »

I am a US expatriate living in another country. I'd like to pay my tithing from my US bank account because I lose a lot in the transfer and currency conversion.

Who do I contact so I can continue to pay with my US bank account? Thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tahooie wrote:Who do I contact so I can continue to pay with my US bank account?
I would suggest emailing onlinedonationsupport@churchofjesuschrist.org. They may be able to flag your account so that you will be able to continue to donate to the Church using your U.S. bank account.

Return to “Online Donations”