Online Donations for Youth

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
bchopkins1

Online Donations for Youth

Post by bchopkins1 »

Has the church changed its policy for youth paying tithing online? As I understand the policy, members must be at least 13 years old to access the donations page and pay their tithing online. When my daughter, age 13, logs into her account and tries to access the donations page, she gets a message that says you have to be at least 18 to access the page. Any thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Donations for Youth

Post by russellhltn »

FAQ question 18 for "Donations - United States" still says one must be 13. However, I'm sure it's not a church policy issue but a "law of the land" issue. So the age is going to depend on the local laws.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online Donations for Youth

Post by lajackson »

bchopkins1 wrote:When my daughter, age 13, logs into her account and tries to access the donations page, she gets a message that says you have to be at least 18 to access the page. Any thoughts?
Legally, you should own the bank account you use, and you normally have to be 18 to do that, notwithstanding many banks will allow a parent to cosign on those accounts. I wonder if that has influenced the decision.

You might email onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org and ask them why that restriction is on the web page when the instructions say she should be able to do it. It would be interesting to know what they tell you.

Return to “Online Donations”