Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
nonsense

Online Donations

Post by nonsense »

I do not understand how to even FIND a live person to help me. I am 83, and in the Philippines where my questions never seem to get me any help. Bishop, stake president and Family history at the Manila temple just confuse me. My step son was married by a Judge at City hall as we got conflicting answers to our questions about how to have them married by a Bishop as ours has no govt license to even do it My 43 years as an active member in the US seems to have been in a time period that does not apply here???
Since we now have my step son in limbo, my current concern is how do I revert to the tithing payment direct from my USA bank account as it is a real hassle and expense to go to the local BDO (2 people round trip Jeepney ride and up to 2 hours total time) and make a cash advance withdrawal and never know how to calculate what actually is the conversion rate. Strokes have taken a toll on my memory and with NO ONE being assigned as MINISTERING since home teaching was eliminated, I am lost and told the Bishop my tithing is temporarily held up for answers, Due to our remodel work on a tiny home we will move to in March, I will need to borrow from my line of credit to live on until end of Dec when my pension hits my bank account. A simple bank payment can help greatly.
[Personal information deleted. This is a public forum.]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online Donations

Post by lajackson »

nonsense wrote:. . . my current concern is how do I revert to the tithing payment direct from my USA bank account as it is a real hassle and expense to go to the local BDO (2 people round trip Jeepney ride and up to 2 hours total time) and make a cash advance withdrawal and never know how to calculate what actually is the conversion rate.
You will probably want to visit with your ward or branch clerk to learn how electronic contributions are handled where you are living. If there is not a local process to donate electronically, you can use your U.S. bank account to contribute directly to the Church, probably best done through LDS Philanthropies. You cannot use a U.S. bank account to donate to a ward or branch in another country, because each system of electronic donations is specific to the local country.

Return to “Online Donations”