Mistakenly paid tithing instead of fast offering

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
gsemones

Mistakenly paid tithing instead of fast offering

Postby gsemones » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:39 am

Hi,

A member of our ward uses the online donation app. They recently noticed that they paid $200 into tithing that should have gone into fast offering. Is there a process to correct this? Is it even possible?

Much thanks,

Guerry

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mistakenly paid tithing instead of fast offering

Postby russellhltn » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:01 pm

From the Donation FAQ page:
Q11. When I reviewed my previous donations, I noticed I made a mistake and put my donation in the Fast Offerings category instead of in Tithing, where I wanted it. Can I change a completed donation?

A11. No, completed donations cannot be edited. However, you can print a copy of your completed donation, take it to your ward or branch financial clerk, and ask him to correct the donation category for you on the ward or branch computer.

Note: This only works if they have a MRN connected with their account. You'll know if that's the case if they're able to use LDS Tools, or the Directory or Calendar page on lds.org.

I presume the clerk does it by editing the donation in MLS.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

gsemones

Postby gsemones » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Excellent, that's what I needed. I was under the impression the online donations could not be adjusted through MLS.

Thanks,

Guerry

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby scgallafent » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:21 pm

The donation can be edited using LCR. I'm not sure if it can be edited using MLS.

klricks

Postby klricks » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:45 pm

gsemones wrote:Hi,

A member of our ward uses the online donation app. They recently noticed that they paid $200 into tithing that should have gone into fast offering. Is there a process to correct this? Is it even possible?

Much thanks,

Guerry

I am surprised the member didn't just apply the donation to future earnings.... I would have suggested that as an option...
Ward Clerk

Return to “Online Donations”