Donation Bank Account

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jilleeyen4

Donation Bank Account

Post by jilleeyen4 »

Hello,

I went on the website to make a donation this morning and for some reason my bank account information was gone. When I try to add the same account, it recognizes that routing number but not the account number. Because of this I am unable to proceed with saving the account and making my donation. Please advise on what I need to do to get my account information back onto my church account.

Thank you,

Jill Petersen
mevans

Re: Donation Bank Account

Post by mevans »

Your profile doesn't say where you are located. That can be helpful information, as banking transactions differ by country. Since you mentioned routing number, I'm assuming USA, but I believe Canada also uses the term. I don't know if other countries use that term.

I'm assuming you've successfully made donations with this account in the past?

You might check with your bank to make sure you have the correct account number. Was your bank acquired by another bank? That could change things.

You might be able to call the member service center and see if they can tell you about any problems. It's possible the church tried initiating a transaction and received an error code, but don't show that information on the Donations page. There are a whole lot of things that can happen and it can be a lot of work to try to turn that into something that people can understand (I used to work with banking transactions and had to figure out what was going on when customers reported transaction problems with our software). Someone at the church might have to look through logs to figure out what happened if there was a problem.

In the USA and Canada, the phone number is 855-LDS-HELP.
I think they'll talk to you directly about banking transactions, but if not, you'll need to get a ward clerk involved in the conversation.

Return to “Online Donations”