Companies Paying Tithing

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
stevemackie

Companies Paying Tithing

Post by stevemackie »

In the old days of cash/cheque to Bishopric member or even the BPay system (Australia), I could donate tithing as a Company. How do I do that using the online system? Can Companies have a membership ID?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Companies Paying Tithing

Post by lajackson »

Only individual members may have a membership record number. You may need to continue using the bill pay system or other system you are already using.
stevemackie

Post by stevemackie »

Thanks but not available!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Form past posts, it appears that a MRN is not required to pay tithing. But you will have to create an LDS Account. However, there would be nothing to connect that donation to you or your ward.

I would check with a tax professional as well as your bishop. We're not able to give sound advice in that area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Your bishop may not be the best one who can help. I suggest talking to a clerk or calling the member service center yourself (here's the page for Australia: https://www.lds.org/help/support/suppor ... a?lang=eng). You might need to use a cheque instead of an online system, but I'm pretty sure the church will find a way to accept your donation unless there are legal or regulatory reasons in Australia why a company can no longer donate.

Return to “Online Donations”