Tithing.

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Ayazza

Tithing.

Post by Ayazza »

I'm. New member and I was trying to pay my tithing online and couldn't figure it out. Long story short I double paid so how can I get the one I did by accident back?
klricks

Re: Tithing.

Post by klricks »

Ayazza wrote:I'm. New member and I was trying to pay my tithing online and couldn't figure it out. Long story short I double paid so how can I get the one I did by accident back?
If the status in the recent donations list is Processing then click on the word processing and then click on cancel.

If already processed then not sure if there is a way?

If it won't be a financial hardship then I would just wait it out as a prepayment of future tithing on future income.

If you are going to bounce your checking account then I would ask the Bishop for help.
Assistant Ward Clerk
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

As kricks said, the easiest thing is to just consider it a prepayment of future tithing. But if that will create hardship then talk to your bishop. He can have his clerk contact the global service center. They will provide the procedure to ask to reverse one of the transactions. Unless procedures have changed you will need write a note explaining the situation and the bishop will need to forward it to the appropriate email address (as given by the global service center) with a note that he believes the transaction was an accident. If the request is approved it will likely take up to a week to process.
klricks

Post by klricks »

It would be nice if the Church could implement double payment safeguards like the payment systems of banks and utilities. For example my bank will automatically reject a second CC payment for the same amount on the same day. Others give a warning message before finalizing the transaction.
Assistant Ward Clerk
lareneknowleslester

Post by lareneknowleslester »

Am trying to pay my tithing, question mark by m y name, don't know why. i start typing in amount and drops me down to bottom. i' have been paying tithing by computer for a long time and never any problem. all my information is correct.

Return to “Online Donations”