Cannot add bank account for donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
dlw3

Cannot add bank account for donations

Post by dlw3 »

I have never been able to add my bank account so that I could make donations online. Each time I try to do this, the routing number brings up the correct bank, but after entering the account number it tells me that it cannot create an account. Is there a way so that I can get this fixed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot add bank account for donations

Post by russellhltn »

What type of account is it? The system requires that the account be a checking or savings account and that it accepts EFT transactions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dlw3

Post by dlw3 »

It is a checking account through Utah County Credit Union.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

This will sound funny and is not intuitive. Make sure you have an email address attached to your LDS Account. Then try again.
dlw3

Post by dlw3 »

There is and has been an email attached to my LDS account for years. I receive notification through that email address.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dlw3 wrote:I have never been able to add my bank account so that I could make donations online. Each time I try to do this, the routing number brings up the correct bank, but after entering the account number it tells me that it cannot create an account. Is there a way so that I can get this fixed?
Some banks have different routing numbers for different types of transactions. My bank has one routing number for paper check transactions and another for electronic transactions such as EFT or ACH. Contact your bank and ask them for the routing number for ACH (automated clearing house) transactions. If that is not the problem then tell them what you are trying to do and they may be able to identify the solution. That is how I found out about my bank's use of different routing numbers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”