Pay Tithing from Work Payroll

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
dpackham

Pay Tithing from Work Payroll

Post by dpackham »

at work we can enter a routing number and account to direct deposit into.

zionsbank routing number added +
10% into savings account for tithing
10% into savings account for savings
Remaining into main checking account.

I want to send the first 10% direct to the church and I have an account # already but its asking for a routing number.

whats the churches routing number?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Pay Tithing from Work Payroll

Post by lajackson »

dpackham wrote:I want to send the first 10% direct to the church and I have an account # already but its asking for a routing number.
You will have to ask the person who gave you a Church account number for the routing number as well. I am surprised that you have a Church account number.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I thought there was a document somewhere that described the numbers to use for bill pay, but I can't find it now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you contact donations@ldschurch.org they should be able to send information about how to pay tithing directly with electronic bill pay, if it's approved. From what I understand, electronic bill pay is discouraged because it takes more manual setup at headquarters than other donation methods (LDS.org Donations or paying through your ward). If you're able to set it up, they'll send you all the info you need.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I thought there was a document somewhere that described the numbers to use for bill pay, but I can't find it now.
The Bill Pay directions do not give you the actual routing or account numbers. That confidential information is maintained within the banking system.

Bill Pay directions are also unique to each individual and the bank they use, so the manual part of the process is you setting up the bill pay information at your bank, and the Church setting up the receiving end. Once all that is done properly, however, the entire process is automatic.

But yes, the Church prefers you use the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Bill Pay directions are also unique to each individual and the bank they use, so the manual part of the process is you setting up the bill pay information at your bank, and the Church setting up the receiving end. Once all that is done properly, however, the entire process is automatic.
That's not the document I'm thinking of. You filled in the account numbers into your Bill Pay system. I think you put your MRN in the account or comment field. It might have been though LDS Philanthropies, so perhaps it didn't include tithing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:That's not the document I'm thinking of. You filled in the account numbers into your Bill Pay system.
You set up bank Bill Pay with an exact name for the specific contribution you wished to make, and you used the account number the Church told you to use, which I am intentionally not mentioning here. But you had to wait until headquarters set up the receiving side, using the same account number, before you set up the bank Bill Pay side, or the link would not work.

While the Church has worked with banks to make bill pay possible, I am not sure they are staffed to work with businesses to set up something. Perhaps they are. I am sure dpackham will find out when he emails donations@ldschurch.org to ask.

Return to “Online Donations”