Setting up online donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lindseyfguerrero

Setting up online donations

Post by lindseyfguerrero »

Hi, I'm having a lot of difficulty signing up for the online donations. I have filled out all my baking information, and have read the authorization and acknowledgment but I am unable to click on the "I Agree" button to continue to saving my information. There are no red fields to indicated I have incorrectly entered my information so I'm unsure why I am having this problem. Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Setting up online donations

Post by lajackson »

lindseyfguerrero wrote:I am unable to click on the "I Agree" button to continue to saving my information.
It is hard to know for sure, but one common reason is that you do not have an email address associated with your LDS Account. Check there, then come back to Donations and try again.

If that does not work, you will probably need to contact donations@ldschurch.org for further assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If nothing is outlined in red, I'd suggest scrolling all the way to the bottom of the "Authorization and Acknowledgment" window. Some systems won't let you proceed if it's clear you couldn't have read all the terms and conditions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What kind of account? I know I've set up a link to a USAA personal checking account in the past with no problems. (Well, one problem - it wasn't the checking account I intended to set up. :oops: )
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmorris05

Post by lmorris05 »

I am getting the same error message and I also confirmed the routing number with my bank
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lmorris05 wrote:I am getting the same error message and I also confirmed the routing number with my bank
After you and others with this problem have carefully verified that you are correctly typing in the bank routing number, if it still does not work, I would suggest you send an email to donations@ldschurch.org and ask for assistance. This will also alert them in case there is a problem with a back end server or some other issue with the setup process.

But Donations works with routing numbers from every major bank in the country, including the one mentioned here. So either there is a typographical error, or there is a problem processing the information as the account is being initially set.
calebianr

Post by calebianr »

I also am having peoblems. Is it because mine is a credit union that it won't work?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

calebianr wrote:I also am having peoblems. Is it because mine is a credit union that it won't work?
Because this is a user-to-user forum rather than an official help/support request channel, it's not guaranteed that anyone will answer that specific question here. Using the Feedback button/link in a page relevant to the issue is the best way to get a response.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

calebianr wrote:I also am having peoblems. Is it because mine is a credit union that it won't work?
I make online donations from both a bank and a credit union. The advice to use the feedback link is sound, but there must be some other issue than the fact that you are using a credit union.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I do know that it needs to be a Checking or Savings account and it has to allow electronic funds transfer (EFT). EFT shouldn't be confused with ACH which is another way to transfer funds.

Return to “Online Donations”