tithing has'nt gone through yet

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Bossgus

tithing has'nt gone through yet

Post by Bossgus »

um, so... what do i do if i paid my tithing 5 days ago and the money still hasn't been taken out of my account yet? continue waiting? i need to do my finances and the fact that its so slow is kind of impeding me.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: tithing has'nt gone through yet

Post by sbradshaw »

It usually takes a couple of business days to process. If you pay on Friday afternoon, nothing will happen with it until Monday morning (because Saturday and Sunday aren't business days), and then it could take a day or two from then, depending on your bank and the Church's systems.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: tithing has'nt gone through yet

Post by lajackson »

Bossgus wrote:um, so... what do i do if i paid my tithing 5 days ago and the money still hasn't been taken out of my account yet? continue waiting? i need to do my finances and the fact that its so slow is kind of impeding me.
It is quite likely that if you donated online Thursday the funds might not come out of your bank account until today. If you donated Thursday evening, it might even be tomorrow.

If headquarters processed the donation Thursday, they would send the ACH request Friday, but if you donated Thursday evening and they processed the donation on Friday, the ACH request would have gone out yesterday and would probably be paid by the bank on Wednesday.

As for waiting to do your finances, I treat it as if I had written a check and the check is still outstanding. It doesn't keep me from doing my finances whenever I wish.

Return to “Online Donations”