How to see donations for my daughter missionary?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
j0merrill

Re: How to see donations for my daughter missionary?

Postby j0merrill » Sat May 26, 2018 8:32 am

This is an old thread, so throwing my wish in here as well. At the beginning of my daughter’s mission, most of it was paid for up front. People had expressed a desire to do monthly contributions, so it wasn’t all paid initially. Now that she has been out for over a year, we need to track how much to contribute monthly to make up the difference before the end of her missionary service. I don’t need to know who, but I do need to see a trend for how much was contributed monthly to help me budget monthly what is lacking.

We made the mistake with my son that we over-contributed so there was a fair surplus in his account at the end. This was fine with us as we could shift that surplus to another ward missionary. But, some family were unhappy and felt we had shifted what they had contributed.

It would be wonderful if we could see the amount contributed to my daughter on a regular monthly basis so we could put a more accurate amount in her account and then personally contribute our own surplus to other ward missionaries. Seems like it would be an easy report to have provided. And, it would be easiest if it could be provided through the online donation tool. No names need be given in the report, just monthly amounts through the service time of that missionary, and only to the heads of household.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Sat May 26, 2018 8:43 pm

j0merrill wrote:This is an old thread, so throwing my wish in here as well. At the beginning of my daughter’s mission, most of it was paid for up front. People had expressed a desire to do monthly contributions, so it wasn’t all paid initially. Now that she has been out for over a year, we need to track how much to contribute monthly to make up the difference before the end of her missionary service. I don’t need to know who, but I do need to see a trend for how much was contributed monthly to help me budget monthly what is lacking.

We made the mistake with my son that we over-contributed so there was a fair surplus in his account at the end. This was fine with us as we could shift that surplus to another ward missionary. But, some family were unhappy and felt we had shifted what they had contributed.

It would be wonderful if we could see the amount contributed to my daughter on a regular monthly basis so we could put a more accurate amount in her account and then personally contribute our own surplus to other ward missionaries. Seems like it would be an easy report to have provided. And, it would be easiest if it could be provided through the online donation tool. No names need be given in the report, just monthly amounts through the service time of that missionary, and only to the heads of household.

Your ward clerk or assistant ward clerk-finance can provide you with the current balance. Since the same amount should be deducted each month, it would not be too difficult to figure out what percentage of the deductions were covered (on average) for each month which should give you an idea of the rate for your budgeting purposes.

nanetteamis

Postby nanetteamis » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:12 pm

after reading the previous comments I guess finding out who made donations so that you could thank them is out of the question. I don't know if people know that they are donating anonymously. I feel bad that I'm not thanking the people who donate to his account.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:08 am

nanetteamis wrote:after reading the previous comments I guess finding out who made donations so that you could thank them is out of the question. I don't know if people know that they are donating anonymously. I feel bad that I'm not thanking the people who donate to his account.

I suppose you could ask a clerk to pass on your thanks or ask the clerk to check with other donors about whether they mind if you know who they are.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:55 pm

nanetteamis wrote:after reading the previous comments I guess finding out who made donations so that you could thank them is out of the question. I don't know if people know that they are donating anonymously. I feel bad that I'm not thanking the people who donate to his account.

Don't feel bad. Those who donate do not expect your personal thanks. They do it for the love of the Lord and His work.

Return to “Online Donations”