Pay tithing online

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
MECHEVAZQUEZ

Re: Pay tithing online

Post by MECHEVAZQUEZ »

How and where can I pay my tithes online if I live in Puerto Rico, which is a US territory?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MECHEVAZQUEZ wrote:How and where can I pay my tithes online if I live in Puerto Rico, which is a US territory?
If it's enabled for that country, then you should find it at donations.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
DeannaTilby

Post by DeannaTilby »

I want to set up a payment plan for my tithing
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

DeannaTilby wrote:I want to set up a payment plan for my tithing
I don't think there's any way to automatically set up tithing payments. At least not from the church side.

The on-line donation system requires each payment be done manually.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DeannaTilby wrote:I want to set up a payment plan for my tithing
As russellhltn said, the Church Donations site will not allow you to do this. You would have to set up something using your bank bill pay system.

That said, once you enter the Donation link, it only takes 5 clicks to complete the process, and you easily can select a previous donation to duplicate. I thought I would want to keep using my bank bill pay system, but I have found it is just as easy to put an alert in my calendar and then make the payment in real time at the Church site.
gamalieltellez

Post by gamalieltellez »

Hello! I move to Mexico from Utah, while in Utah I paid my tithing online but now that my records have moved to my current ward (in Mexico) my us bank account doesn't work. I requires a 18 number account number and mine have only 9. Any work arounds for this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gamalieltellez wrote:Hello! I move to Mexico from Utah, while in Utah I paid my tithing online but now that my records have moved to my current ward (in Mexico) my us bank account doesn't work. I requires a 18 number account number and mine have only 9. Any work arounds for this?
Online donations normally do not cross country boundaries. You will need to have a bank account in Mexico to make donations online in Mexico.

If you are only in Mexico temporarily and you expect to have funds and wish to contribute using a U.S. bank account, the Donations Department has been able to set an account to allow it, but your local Mexico ward will not see any of those contributions.
ccsm27

Post by ccsm27 »

I'm trying to register for online tithing on the banks website. What is the POLICY NUMBER should i use? Where can i get it?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ccsm27 wrote:I'm trying to register for online tithing on the banks website. What is the POLICY NUMBER should i use? Where can i get it?
Before you try to set up online banking bill pay at your bank website, you should contact donations@ldschurch.org and request the proper information so that the electronic transfer will work properly. They will be able to give you the correct account number and other important donation information so that the bank will not wind up printing and mailing a check to Church headquarters.

You will also want to have considered using the Donations link at LDS.org if possible.
pathansen12

Post by pathansen12 »

I would like to continue paying my tithing on line but nothing works today.

Return to “Online Donations”