online donations broken for just one member

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
mndrix

online donations broken for just one member

Post by mndrix »

Hello. Our ward has been able to pay tithing online for several months now. It's been working great for everyone so far. This morning, a sister tried to pay her tithing online for the first time. After logging in to lds.org/donations she receives the following error message: "the unit you belong to doesn't support online donations".

She is able to view our ward directory at lds.org/directory She confirmed that her membership record number appears in her LDS Account's Settings area. I confirmed that she is still listed as a member of the ward. I am still able to access online donations with my personal account, so I don't think it's a temporary ward-specific problem. Are there other debugging steps I should take? What is the appropriate venue for seeking a resolution to this problem?

Thank you.
eblood66

Re: online donations broken for just one member

Post by eblood66 »

Have her check to make sure she has an email address entered for her LDS Account at https://ldsaccount.lds.org. We've been told that a missing email address will cause that error message.
mndrix

Re: online donations broken for just one member

Post by mndrix »

This sister confirmed that updating her email address has fixed the problem for her. Thank you.

Return to “Online Donations”