Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
smbchoi

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by smbchoi »

In the personal information of LDS account, my first name and last name are wrong, but I cannot edit/correct them. Please direct me how to change that information. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There doesn't seem to be a way to change it. But it doesn't seem to be used other then the one page you see, so it's not really a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brettip

Post by brettip »

I have never been able to change my phone number on my account. My cell phone receives text messages but no matter how many times I click to resend the confirmation code I never get a text. I have made sure it is the correct number. What is going wrong here?
Japalish

Post by Japalish »

I have a problem with the way this works. I have moved Stakes (and wards) for the 4th time and I cannot access ANY details of the new ward or stake... still!! I end up calling the mission office to get the missionaries number who gives me the bishop's number. This is a bit silly you'd think. On the church finder app it gives me the ward office number but that isn't manned all the time... why are we so far behind? surely the fact I am logged into LDS tools already gives me the authoristion? or even LDS account online?

Now I'm asking the Bishop to give me the Ward clerk's details so I can have the records transferred in so I can know who everyone is...?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Japalish wrote:On the church finder app it gives me the ward office number but that isn't manned all the time... why are we so far behind?
I can't know what the situation is for your specific ward but generally the meetinghouse locator (at maps.lds.org) provides the bishop's phone number, not the ward office number. So in most cases you should be able to get the bishop's number without problem.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Japalish wrote:I have a problem with the way this works. I have moved Stakes (and wards) for the 4th time and I cannot access ANY details of the new ward or stake... still!! I end up calling the mission office to get the missionaries number who gives me the bishop's number. This is a bit silly you'd think. On the church finder app it gives me the ward office number but that isn't manned all the time... why are we so far behind? surely the fact I am logged into LDS tools already gives me the authoristion? or even LDS account online?

Now I'm asking the Bishop to give me the Ward clerk's details so I can have the records transferred in so I can know who everyone is...?
There's no way for the computers to know that you've moved to a new ward or stake, until you get in touch with the clerk to transfer your membership records. I'm not sure how the process could be improved – do you have any suggestions on how LDS Tools or LDS.org could detect that you've moved to a new ward?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
welsh1952

Post by welsh1952 »

My friend used my computer and account to order something from the distribution center as she did not have a computer available. Her name now appears as my user name and I cannot get it to go away. I have tried many times following the steps offered to change my user name but nothing changes. Can you please help? I would like to see MY user name pop up when I open the screen, not hers. As a result, I have several steps to take before I can actually log on under my name and account.

Looking forward to your reply!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

welsh1952 wrote:My friend used my computer and account to order something from the distribution center as she did not have a computer available. Her name now appears as my user name and I cannot get it to go away.
That has nothing to do with LDS. That's your browser remembering things. What browser/OS are you using?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
edith10

Post by edith10 »

I do not do texting. How can I change my information?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

edith10 wrote:I do not do texting. How can I change my information?
What are you trying to change? There is no settings for texting that I know of.

Return to “Online Donations”