Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by russellhltn »

bsdecker wrote:The first concern is when I went into my account information and out of curiosity looked up all my ordinances, baptism, confirmation, etc. I was shocked to see it is all blank. How do I correct that?
Where are you looking? As far as I know, unless you're a clerk, you probably can't see that anywhere on-line. FamilySearch will have a record of you, but since you are living, the information it will show will be limited.

I'd suggest you ask your clerk for a IOS (Information and Ordnance Summery). That will allow you to verify the information that is on your records. Some wards encourage members to check their IOS every year at tithing settlement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

bsdecker wrote:I am not sure where to post this. I have two concerns. The first concern is when I went into my account information and out of curiosity looked up all my ordinances, baptism, confirmation, etc. I was shocked to see it is all blank. How do I correct that? The other concern is about my late wife. In looking up information about me I saw that she and I were not sealed to each other. It shows we were married to each other but not sealed. Again how do I go about fixing this? Thank you for any help in these areas.
I'm not sure where you are looking to see this information but you should work with your ward clerk to review and correct any of your membership information including ordinance information. He will be able to print an IOS which is the official record that the church provides to members to show their membership and ordinance information. If there is any problem with the information on the IOS then the clerk will need to follow the appropriate procedures as outlined in the handbook to verify ordinances and make corrections
bsdecker

Post by bsdecker »

Thank you for the information. I did not know that because I am alive my information is not shown because of security reasons. I appreciate your quick reply. Thank you.
thomasm1

Post by thomasm1 »

Whenever I try to make an update to my account it thinks I'm updating my birthdate and invalidates it. None of the updates will save, from Display Name to Email Subscription preferences
fricci007

Post by fricci007 »

Hi! I tried changing my display name and username to my newly married name but when I hit the save button it give me an error that says "Birth Date can't be changed". I'm not even touching the birth date section. What do I do? It seems thomasm1 has the same issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thomasm1 wrote:Whenever I try to make an update to my account it thinks I'm updating my birthdate and invalidates it. None of the updates will save, from Display Name to Email Subscription preferences
Please see the message from KooBE above. He/she is wanting to know what browser and version you're using. (As a tip, you might wan to try a different browser.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
koreta21

Post by koreta21 »

Hi how can i change my DOB on my record i put a wrong dob is suppose be xx/xx/xxxx

Note: edited by TimRiker to remove DOB.
mj_faji3

Post by mj_faji3 »

The changes I've made for my email ad and contact no. won't save. Why is that? What shall I do?
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

koreta21 wrote:Hi how can i change my DOB on my record i put a wrong dob is suppose be xx/xx/xxxx
Please contact your local ward clerk to update your date of birth.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TimRiker wrote:
koreta21 wrote:Hi how can i change my DOB on my record i put a wrong dob is suppose be xx/xx/xxxx
Please contact your local ward clerk to update your date of birth.
If he birthdate on your records is correct, then maybe you have the wrong MRN on your account.

Return to “Online Donations”