Donation to another ward

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
reneeclark

Donation to another ward

Post by reneeclark »

I was asked about this, so decided that others might want to know how to donate money to a missionary in another ward. You use the online Donations link in LDS.org and when this opens, click on the drop down box under Ward Missionary Fund. This will bring up a list of all missionaries currently serving from the ward, but it also has a link to Missionary in Other Ward or Branch. When you click on this, it will ask for the number for the ward or branch. Members can find this number by using the Meetinghouse Locator link. The number will show next to the ward name. When you use this number, the donation will go to the ward or branch which has the missionaries records.
I'm sure most of you already know this, but it was a nice discovery for me....
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Donation to another ward

Post by jdlessley »

Thank you for your post.

The instructions to make donations to another ward or branch's missionary are found in the online donation Help FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) "Learn More >>" page. Just heed the note that states: "Currently you can only contribute the missionary funds of wards and branches in the country where you make the donation." That means a U.S. member can only contribute to missionaries serving from other U.S. wards or branches and not to a missionary serving from another country ward or branch.

Finding the unit number is a challenge for many members. As you pointed out, using the Meetinghouse Locator is useful. Asking your ward clerk to get it for you is another method.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TheBarronGuy

Post by TheBarronGuy »

I'd like to make an online deposit to another ward's fast offering for an individual member living in that ward needing assistance(or to reimburse that ward for any fast offering assistance they are making). Is there a way that can be done?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TheBarronGuy wrote:I'd like to make an online deposit to another ward's fast offering for an individual member living in that ward needing assistance(or to reimburse that ward for any fast offering assistance they are making). Is there a way that can be done?
No. That's not possible.

Just donate in your ward to assist in the church-wide fast offering, and this member will be taken care of from the same account. There are no "ward-level" accounts - just ward-level tracking. That's why there is no option to donate fast-offering to another ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tylergolsen

Post by tylergolsen »

Is it possible to have someone outside our stake make a donation to the scouting program in one of our wards? How would this be done? Is it possible to tie the donation back to the member? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tylergolsen wrote:Is it possible to have someone outside our stake make a donation to the scouting program in one of our wards?
Not online. In fact, I don't think even members of your ward can donate to scouting online.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tylergolsen wrote:Is it possible to have someone outside our stake make a donation to the scouting program in one of our wards? How would this be done? Is it possible to tie the donation back to the member? Thanks!
As russellhltn indicated, payments for things like scout camp (which go in the Other:Authorized Member Financed Activities sub-category) cannot be made online at all even by members of your own ward. They can send a check with a donation slip that has their membership number and if you enter the membership number when you create their donor record it will tie back to them.

However, outside of scout camp payments and the one allowed annual fund raiser for scout camp, I don't think general donations to the scout troop are allowed by policy. The Other:AMFA category is for payments/fundraising for camp and donations to budget categories are not allowed. However, if it's a donation for a specific scout for scout camp, that is probably OK.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd also point out a few things from Handbook 2:13.6.8:
"Stakes and wards that sponsor fund-raising activities should not advertise or solicit beyond their boundaries."

"Any exceptions to these instructions must be approved by a member of the Presidency of the Seventy or the Area Presidency."

"The Friends of Scouting fund drive in the United States will continue as a separate, voluntary solicitation."

Stevedalton

Post by Stevedalton »

I would like to make a donation for a missionary in another ward that is in New Zealand. How do I make a donation out of country? I am in USA.

SteveDalton
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Stevedalton wrote:I would like to make a donation for a missionary in another ward that is in New Zealand. How do I make a donation out of country? I am in USA.

SteveDalton
If you read the 2nd post in this thread, you will see that it is not possible to donate online to a ward missionary fund in New Zealand if you are in the USA. If the missionary is serving in New Zealand but is from a ward in the USA, the first post tells you how you can make an online donation to that ward's missionary fund.

Return to “Online Donations”