Messiah Test Video

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
dnslynn

Messiah Test Video

Post by dnslynn »

The live stream test video for the March 25th Messiah live stream is supposed to automatically switch from youtube to a stream that will play inside the building firewall. I discovered today that this does not always switch properly. It seems to play properly on the first try (IE and firefox), but if stopped and reloaded (or played through and restarted), it switches to the youtube player the second and subsequent times. I found that clearing the recent history in firefox, and then reloading the page would solve the problem. (I didn't check this for IE.)
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Messiah Test Video

Post by Mikerowaved »

For those wishing to check this out, the URL for the test stream is: http://motab.org/messiah/test

Their website lists their contact information as:

Choir Office
50 North West Temple Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84150
801-240-4150

I would suggest contacting them during business hours and explain the problem. I suspect alternatives to YouTube costs them money to stream, so they will only switch to that if needed. No harm in asking for a better solution.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I thought the filter policy was recently changed to allow YouTube in meetinghouses. Is that correct?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Last time I tried it, I didn't get a warning, but the videos I tried (from the Mormon Channel) wouldn't play either. Maybe they are in the process of opening it up, I don't know.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

You can access YouTube, but any videos selected won't download.
dnslynn

Post by dnslynn »

An update -- The following week and since, I have found that the test video will play even after restart without needing to clear recent history.

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”