Fast Offering Tracker

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richmanll »

What I'd like to do is see the total value of both cash and food that recipients get from me. Right now, I get paper reports from the Storehouse, about the value of food orders and I have to key it all in to a spreadsheet. Then to see what aid a recipient is getting, I have to refer to the MLS report for the cash assistance, and to my spreadsheet to see the food assistance.
jltware

Post by jltware »

Pardon me if this is stupid, but in MLS, couldn't you just click on the payee box at the top of the list of fast offering payments to get the list sorted by payee, and then scroll down the list to see which names appear once versus ten times. It would be pretty easy to see problems if the list was sorted that way, and it wouldn't involve exporting the data or any additional security issues.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jltware wrote:Pardon me if this is stupid, but in MLS, couldn't you just click on the payee box at the top of the list of fast offering payments to get the list sorted by payee, and then scroll down the list to see which names appear once versus ten times. It would be pretty easy to see problems if the list was sorted that way, and it wouldn't involve exporting the data or any additional security issues.
It's certainly not stupid -- you can gather data easily in MLS this way. It just depends on the level of detail and history a priesthood leader wants.

In MLS, the Fast Offering Recipient Report also has an option for "Summary by Fast Offering Recipient", which will total the expenditures for each recipient over the specified time period. That list can then be sorted by amount just by clicking on the amount column header, so if it's total amount (not frequency) you are interested in, there's a built in report already.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

jltware wrote:Pardon me if this is stupid, but in MLS, couldn't you just click on the payee box at the top of the list of fast offering payments to get the list sorted by payee, and then scroll down the list to see which names appear once versus ten times. It would be pretty easy to see problems if the list was sorted that way, and it wouldn't involve exporting the data or any additional security issues.

I think what ldsWebguy is seeking is a report that consolidates direct fast-offering expenditures for each recipient with some cash value or cost of bishop's storehouse assistance. The latter never appears in MLS as any form of chargeback, at least not in the way the bishop's storehouse is administered in my area.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”