Coax converter box

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Coax converter box

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive wrote:I don't know if you have looked in the Satellite Cabinet, but I would go there and see where the video from the satellite receiver is going to. It should be going to an amplifier which then feeds the modulators. I would run a coax directly off the amplifier and run it to a F-Type to RCA connector and then plug the projector into that cable.
Not to simple. He's trying to use the cabling that's already in the building. That coax may have taps and splitters - something that's not going to work for baseband video. If he's got a direct run and a spare video output, then that's a good idea.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

You could re-purpose the camera input jack in the overflow area and use it as a video output jack for your projector. Just locate the other end of the camera cable inside the AV cabinet and connect it to the VDA (video distribution amp) which is also in the cabinet.
dence

Post by dence »

The tv works fine in rooms bit thatdoes nothelp when we have broadcasted Stake Conference and we need to set up the projectors in the chapel and cultural hall.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Then you need to get Meetinghouse A/V Distribution Hub and you can find more information at https://www.lds.org/help/support/av-dis ... b?lang=eng. We will be putting this into our buildings so that I can run the computer into this hub and have it go to the podium and to the TV distribution system.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

harddrive wrote:Then you need to get Meetinghouse A/V Distribution Hub and you can find more information at https://www.lds.org/help/support/av-dis ... b?lang=eng. We will be putting this into our buildings so that I can run the computer into this hub and have it go to the podium and to the TV distribution system.
That would be fantastic. I could have used one of those last year when Elder Oaks visited. Can the stake write a check to the FM to get him to purchase it this year, rather than wait for a future budget year?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive wrote:Then you need to get Meetinghouse A/V Distribution Hub
That doesn't fix the original problem in that he has a RF feed where he wants baseband video. Yes, it does have a video distribution amp, but that doesn't solve the wiring issue - and that may not be solved by simple adapters.

Odds are, behind that F connector in the cultural hall, is a "tap" - some combination of a splitter and a attenuator. You can't have that on baseband video. If he's lucky, the cable itself can be repurposed. If he's not lucky (that same line connect through or to other taps), he'll need a new cable run.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

russellhltn wrote:
harddrive wrote:Then you need to get Meetinghouse A/V Distribution Hub
That doesn't fix the original problem in that he has a RF feed where he wants baseband video. Yes, it does have a video distribution amp, but that doesn't solve the wiring issue - and that may not be solved by simple adapters.

Odds are, behind that F connector in the cultural hall, is a "tap" - some combination of a splitter and a attenuator. You can't have that on baseband video. If he's lucky, the cable itself can be repurposed. If he's not lucky (that same line connect through or to other taps), he'll need a new cable run.
I understand, but in our buildings, the splitters are in the satellite cabinet because you want very few splitters in other locations of the building.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

drepouille wrote:
harddrive wrote:Then you need to get Meetinghouse A/V Distribution Hub and you can find more information at https://www.lds.org/help/support/av-dis ... b?lang=eng. We will be putting this into our buildings so that I can run the computer into this hub and have it go to the podium and to the TV distribution system.
That would be fantastic. I could have used one of those last year when Elder Oaks visited. Can the stake write a check to the FM to get him to purchase it this year, rather than wait for a future budget year?
We worked with our FM group and they have the ability to purchase these and assign the stake as the ones paying for it. I would run this by your stake presidency before you do this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive wrote:I understand, but in our buildings, the splitters are in the satellite cabinet because you want very few splitters in other locations of the building.
Why? That's the way CCtv is run. You could have a combination - for example, one run that goes to both sides of the cultural hall. While I have a real nest of wires in my satellite cabinet, that doesn't mean each one goes to just one outlet. Some do, some don't.

harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Russell, you are correct. There are places that they come into the the wall and leave. However the problem is that when you put in splitters they degrade the signal as they go along. So you want to put your splitter right after an amplifier. Second is if there is a problem in the system, this way it make is much easier to troubleshoot a problem.

Terry

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”