Side-by-side dual language scripture display app

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
B_Seegmiller

Re: Side-by-side dual language scripture display app

Post by B_Seegmiller »

sbradshaw wrote:There are also online options – for example, the multi-column study tool on Scripture Tools:
http://scripturetools.net/study/scriptu ... &v=details
(I run the Scripture Tools website)

It's a wrapper for the scripture pages on LDS.org, so it supports the LDS.org study tools; and you can use the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard to keep the scrolling in sync.
Samuel, this is absolutely fabulous. I've been released as clerk, but I will try to report back on how well it works. Woo-hoo!
jer15.16_mbt

Post by jer15.16_mbt »

Both columns just showing error message for the scripture tools URL. It would be nice if you could have two columns to look at all four standard works
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jer15.16_mbt wrote:Both columns just showing error message for the scripture tools URL. It would be nice if you could have two columns to look at all four standard works
The Scripture Tools study tool was using embedded pages from the Church website (in <iframe>s) for its content. Sadly, when the scriptures switched over from Scriptures.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, this stopped working because Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org has a strict same-origin policy that blocks other sites from embedding its content in an <iframe>. I've tried sending feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of the Church website, but no luck so far. I'm guessing embedding content in <iframe>s isn't a common enough use case for it to rise in priority (but if more people send feedback, maybe they'll look at it again! :) ).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

The Scripture Tools study tool was using embedded pages from the Church website (in <iframe>s) for its content. Sadly, when the scriptures switched over from Scriptures.ChurchofJesusChrist.org to Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org, this stopped working because Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org has a strict same-origin policy that blocks other sites from embedding its content in an <iframe>. I've tried sending feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of the Church website, but no luck so far. I'm guessing embedding content in <iframe>s isn't a common enough use case for it to rise in priority (but if more people send feedback, maybe they'll look at it again! :) ).
Sam, I really appreciate your work in this!

Granted, there are “relatively” few potential users (stake conferences in the San Diego and many other stakes in this area — the whole county, plus part of Imperial and Southern Riverside counties), which is 15 stakes, maximum. What would needed to be added would be demonstrating the usefulness of such a tool. Many stakes in California, Arizona, and New Mexico could benefit, plus areas where the Restored Gospel has caught hold in immigrant areas.

I will try sending feedback on a scripture page for this.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”