Ready to smash the Teradek Vidiu; alternatives?

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ready to smash the Teradek Vidiu; alternatives?

Postby russellhltn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 pm

mawhiteley wrote:Teradek converter

You'd think they'd play well with each other.

I'd also have a look at the cable connecting them. Apparently, there's a few different flavors of "HDMI" cables. Back when I did PA and Conference support, cables were the biggest headache.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

CalS201

Re: Ready to smash the Teradek Vidiu; alternatives?

Postby CalS201 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 pm

mawhiteley wrote:
Given this [successfull] home network test, it appears the brain dead behavior of the vidius is related to the network at the stake center. We have the IP address correct, 1) We pull it from the front panel interface, 2) I can ping it, 3) the Vidiu icon backdrop loads in the browser. However, after that, the "Loading" icon twirls indefinitely.

In our A/V closet, there is a single RJ45 jack. We have a 5-port netgear switch (pretty sure it's not a hub) the computer and vidiu are plugged into. The vidiu has never complained about not being "online".

The stake center IP address range on the AV room RJ45 may NOT be what you assume (192.168.x.x) . In our AV room, the RJ45 on the wall is 10.1.x.x and the RJ45 on the EmTech rack is 192.168.x.x. You should check the DHCP address assigned to your laptop and make sure it is in the same 192.168.x.x range as the VidiU (or change the VidiU and TmManager setup from "Static" to "DHCP" - then see what address comes up on the front panel). Also, be aware that the subnet mask for the 192.168.x.x segment is 255.255.252.0 (not the typical 255.255.255.0).

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”