Find my past Family history centres UK

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
stephen500

Find my past Family history centres UK

Post by stephen500 »

using the FH portal I attemped to access "find my past", however the site is not showing as subscribed ie as a fh subscriber. I have also checked this at another unit in the stake, where the same is happening. The pac code is shown on the lan connections. Any ideas.
I will ring fh support on weds and find my past. Is any one else having this problem?
Stephen sinclair, butt stake clerk, STS, Chester England Stake.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

They have found this to happen when you are logged into nFS, or familysearch.org itself. The fix is said to be very simple, log out of nFS or FamilySearch, and it should work. I don't think Indexing affects the FHC portal premium sites access, but if it still does, may need to be sure you're not logged into that.
Frb.Henrik

Re: Find my past Family history centres UK

Post by Frb.Henrik »

bump! I have just tried to look at Findmypast via the portal, where it claims access to "institutional version". It does not seem to be a special version, but you are invited to pay -though some search are free...
I have read this thread and signed completely out from FS, restarted the browser, cleared the cache and cookie and history and then went to findmypast(.com) from the fhc.familysearch.org -got the 14 day free trial offer. Is LDS still paying for access to findmypast and if so, how to know it is an institutional version???
Frb.Henrik

Post by Frb.Henrik »

could this cause the problem (among others)?:
the FHC Application Finder gave this message when trying the Scottish virtual stuff:

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I then did a Center Identification -it already showed the correct center-number so I just entered the e-mail-adress again; but still with the above message..
Please -can someone guide me through how to make Firefox/Chrome "understand how to supply the credentials required"?

Henrik Hansen
Copenhagen, Denmark

PS: there has not been anything wrong when downloading "Scan to FamilySearch" with the Application Finder
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

At the end of April we were informed by Family Search Support in the UK, that there is a problem with Find My Past web page -

"Dear Brothers and Sisters,

It has come to our attention that Find My Past have updated their front page..
At the moment it is not showing a connection to Family History Centres.

We have checked and it is still working, as normal, with the choice to view search results by opting for 'Guest' still there."

Perhaps this is the problem you are having?

Return to “Family History Centers”