Where do I find the Indexing App for Android

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
Captain.Moroni

Where do I find the Indexing App for Android

Post by Captain.Moroni »

I've looked through the forums a bit and haven't been able to find a link to download the android indexing app.

Does anyone know where we can find a link to download the indexing app? I found a few articles talking about the android indexing beta app, but of course that was beta, and that was in back in 2012.

Hoping to find some updated information.

Thank you
judsonmi

Re: Where do I find the Indexing App for Android

Post by judsonmi »

There is no indexing app available for any kind of smartphone. The beta in 2012 showed there was still much work to do to provide a viable solution and the product was abandoned in favor of other indexing priorities.
Tgvphoto

Post by Tgvphoto »

Captain.Moroni wrote:I've looked through the forums a bit and haven't been able to find a link to download the android indexing app.

Does anyone know where we can find a link to download the indexing app? I found a few articles talking about the android indexing beta app, but of course that was beta, and that was in back in 2012.

Hoping to find some updated information.

Thank you

Also hoping to see the app come to fruition. I've been enjoying the desktop experience, but haven't got to doing it as often as I would like. Having a mobile app would allow more opportunities for this to happen with being able to do it on the fly... Waiting for meetings, clients, a spare quiet moment etc....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Tgvphoto wrote:Also hoping to see the app come to fruition. I've been enjoying the desktop experience, but haven't got to doing it as often as I would like. Having a mobile app would allow more opportunities for this to happen with being able to do it on the fly... Waiting for meetings, clients, a spare quiet moment etc....
The new browser-based indexing will work on mobile tablets, so there is a solution for some mobile devices, but phones are too small for its design.

If you have a few spare minutes here and there for family history work on a mobile device, I'd suggest that you use the Family Tree app and use the Ancestors with Tasks feature to review and attach record hints or temple opportunities. You can accomplish a lot of good in small chunks of time by doing these tasks.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

As always, I agree with Brother Brown. While indexing is important to the process, attaching the sources that have been indexed to Family Tree is critically important. Adding data from these sources to Family Tree helps us identify duplicate individual records, and avoid performing duplicate ordinances.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
munaish

Post by munaish »

I've indexed on my Kindle Fire HD 8 sixth edition with web indexing. It works pretty well, and it's nice to have a touchscreen for some things (like zooming in and out and moving the image around), but I prefer using my laptop for typing, for sure. My laptop doesn't have a touchscreen (so, I can't say how that would compare with a tablet's).

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”