GL for Windows 4.2.7 doesn't sync AND settings doesn't work

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

sbarton

GL for Windows 4.2.7 doesn't sync AND settings doesn't work

Post by sbarton »

I annotated multiple scriptures several days ago and assigned them to a notebook. The annotations don't seem to be syncing with my account as I can't see the updated annotations on my Android phone nor at LDS.org. I was going to log out of my LDS account and log back in, but pressing the Settings icon does nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
carsonm

Re: GL for Windows 4.2.7 doesn't sync AND settings doesn't work

Post by carsonm »

Hi,

If your are interested and willing to help the volunteer team test out the Beta/Testing version of the GL of Windows, you can do so The current Beta/Testing version (as of today) is 4.5.8 and is a major upgrade. You would want to check out the link about the known issues (in the initial "splash screen" ) and later in settings. You can feedback from within the app in the settings section.
Here is where you can download it from.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gospe ... verviewtab

The more testing we get on this beta version, should continue to make it better in the production version of the app.
sbarton

Post by sbarton »

Thank you. I downloaded it. The settings button still does not work for me and so I can't log in to my account. When I press the Settings icon, it goes dark, but nothing happens. It stays dark until I select another icon (other than Home) on the left sidebar. Of course, none of my annotations or notebooks are appearing in the Beta version.
carsonm

Post by carsonm »

interesting.

My guess on the syncing component has maybe to do with updating happing or coming on the backend process or service where things sync across the various GL apps. I have a feeling that it is being worked on. I don't know any details about that, but just a guess. Hang in there just a bit longer on that component.

As for your Settings button, you may want to reset the app within the Windows Setting section (not the GL Settings area) /Apps and features.

Depending on the Update version/build you have of Windows 10, you may be able to reset the app.

That is basically done by doing the following.

Windows 10 app reset
Open the Settings app (looks like a gear) , and reset a desired app. Here's how to do that:
Open Settings.
Go to System > Apps & features.
Find an app you want to reset, and click on Advanced options.
Just click the Reset button.

--
Once you have done that, open up the Gospel Library app and then should be prompt to sign in with the LDS account as the setup.
You may want to close the Gospel Library app before resetting it.

Hope that helps in at least the GL app setting component on both the production and beta app.
sbarton

Post by sbarton »

Very helpful suggestion. The Windows reset allowed me to login to 4.2.8 Beta. I also applied the reset to 4.2.7 and it allowed me to login. However, it seems that I lost all my annotations from the previous week, which were the ones that were not syncing. I'm guessing that the reset dumped the annotation database and so any unsynced notes were lost. Not a major deal. I still have my written notes. It does also look like the sync is working now. Thanks again for your help.

The Settings icon still does nothing after the app is started.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”