GL Won't Open

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

sbirk

Re: GL Won't Open

Post by sbirk »

Thanks so much for your post! I was beginning to think I was the only person who was experiencing this problem.

Scott
jackwdoxey

Post by jackwdoxey »

I have very similar situation. I'm running Windows 10 v1809. I can reset, or reinstall and I stillcan't get the standard version (or the beta version) of gospel library to load any content. I've tried skipping steps (in different combinations), but nothing gets it to load. It's sits indefinitely with a blank white window. I'm beginning to think that perhaps Windows 10 v1809 is not compatible with the app. I'm open to any suggestion on how to get this working.
sbirk

Post by sbirk »

I think the problem is with VMWare Fusion and GL. I have Windows 8 installed in another partition and GL doesn't run in it, either.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbirk wrote:I have Windows 8 installed in another partition and GL doesn't run in it, either.
Win8 isn't supported.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gilbreen

Post by gilbreen »

I am not using a virtual machine and am still experiencing the issue with my Dell laptop.
gilbreen

Post by gilbreen »

I am glad to report that I have been able to successfully open GL repeatedly since the most recent update. Thanks to all those involved that make the Windows edition possible!
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

There is an updated version just releasing now (v5.0.8). I have been testing this on pre-release versions of windows (1903), older versions (1803) and on the current version (1809) all successfully. I have created a Hyper-V instance of Windows 10 1803 VM and tested on that instance and it works there as well. I don't have a VM Ware fusion instance setup so I can't test that. My Macbook Pro only has 256 GB SSD so it is a little on the small side. I suppose I could find an external hard drive or flash drive and try it. Anyone have any updates on their testing, in particular on the Macbook Pro with VM Ware fusion?
sbirk

Post by sbirk »

I just tried both GL and the beta GL (5.0.8) and I still go to a white screen.
UtahJohn22

Post by UtahJohn22 »

I just wanted to add that I've been having this problem with Gospel Library v5.1.9.0 running on Windows 10 (Build 19042). Thankfully, the recommend tip about resetting the app seems to have worked. I did not download the default works, as one user above recommended.
corymichaeljarrett

Post by corymichaeljarrett »

mine is stuck on "updating # content items in background" and wont change

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”